Speaking of wands....

Carpetmuncher

Crikey mate, have you seen the muskels in Chris's right forearm. shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

He didn't get those by squeezin' a trigger. :lol: :lol: :lol:

More likely by chokin' the mullet. shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Carpetmuncher

Name
Nate W.
I have a TI wand with a hybrid glide. It works good. Nice and light. I did try CU's Greenhorn at Myteefest and it worked pretty good. Couldn't tell the difference in weight between the two. The head is taller so you can't get under toe kicks, dressers, beds as easy as a TI. Mytee's Bentley is also a nice wand. Head is nice and low. I didn't get to test it out hooked up to a machine though. Just window shopping it.

I know this post didn't answer your question though. :lol:

When it comes down to price, go with your gut feeling. I don't think you'll be unhappy with either choice. Personal prefference. Maybe attend Mikeysfest to demo them. :D

Ryan

I have the cobbs/cmp and like it. Can't really think of any downsides other then it is a little heavy. Similar products used (so you know I'm not just comparing it to an aw29): Prochem Quad, Evloution, Steam Action, and a stock CMP.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
bentleyswivel....... like a dyson, you can go around tables and underneath. u can also clean under beds its so low

Ryan

I have the standard.

Differences between the Cobbs and stock: Angled Jets, High Flow jets (4 1.5's), Green Glide, soft touch valve, and a filter before the valve (the stock cmp may have had this I don't remember).

I haven't had any overspray problems, one thing I don't like though is it leaks. You might want to get check valves put on it if you buy it.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
bought one from cobbs, so does this mean mines already been fixed? i bought the demo, that was really new. make sense didnt to me either. but since i bought mine from him maybe its ok

Ryan

Oh gotya. Cobbs cleans/rinses better. Combo of angled jets + higher flow I reckon. The soft touch is a god send!! If your not using one you will love it! I think the angled jets give it a better dry time but that part may just be in my head.

If you don't like angled jets there is no going back! The bars holding the manifold are cut and welded into position, no changing the angle even a hair. Kinda sucks because if something happened to my tile spinner it would be nice to use my glided wand as a back up.

RIP IT

Name
Chris
Carpetmuncher said:
Crikey mate, have you seen the muskels in Chris's right forearm. shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

He didn't get those by squeezin' a trigger. :lol: :lol: :lol:

More likely by chokin' the mullet. shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Carpetmuncher

oh you certainly are a cunning linguist 1Short.
FYI I am ambidextrous.

P.S. Hey Jimbo can I retrofit one of those featherlight triggers from one of your wands without having to butcher my Ti?

Brad_Smith

I like my greenhorn........Mine is 15 flow.....Have used it close to 2 years

Bad
Valve is feather but doesn't seem to hold up great. I have to get a new one as I have a nut holding the trigger in cause it wore through the brass part holding it.
Angled jets are great for dry time and not wicking but don't seem to clean as fast.

Good
Very light.
Good price.
The green couple are great.
Dry time is great.

I really like my wand. I do wish the jets weren't angled so much sometimes but then I would miss the dry times. I clean at 600+ psi, don't dry stroke rentals (apt. whore here), and pretty much never have wicking problems. So I guess I need 2 wands....an angled for most and not so angled for dirty. If I only get one wand though its gonna be the greenhorn

I came from a butler wand which was fine but have never tried a TI

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
FCC said:
Currently using a soft touch.........not sure I like it.......for the same reasons I drive a car without power steering I guess. Plus I can't see the downside to bigger forearms. shiteatinggrin

That kinda sucks that the manifold is "stuck"......but that could be fixed if it was an issue

Once you've suffered with elbow tendinitis you'll be glad you had the feather touch and a Greenglide.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I've had a prochem Quadjet 11" with hole glide and upgraded to the 14" Greenhorn with hold glide. I've been giving it a good work over for about 6 months now... here is my pros and cons of the greenhorn:

Cons: The way the jets are angled down to improve drying and flushing through the fibers, the back manifold will drag on the carpet if you need to get the wand at a lower angle or on the edge of a stair case heading down. Its a minor thing.. and I'm short so that explains that a little bit.

Its polished more than my quad jet as everybody has said in the past so you have to keep up on keeping it clean.

Its designed to flush so don't expect to scrub with too much with this wand, but then again most hole glided wands are that way. If you are atleast prespraying and grooming in the prespray with some agitation then the wand will take care of almost all soiling situations. and if its heavy soiled, a good scrubbing makes up for more wand strokes.

The hand grip will slide a little bit so be prepared for that. thos this mostly happens on long days whe the wand is nice and hot.

I have 110's across the five bar manifold and while on low loop carpets I'll gets some overspray.. its usually a non issue. And yes the head is a little higher compared to my pc quad jet. But that reall hasn't been an issue because the wings extend out on either side father than the pc so I can hit toe kics from the side effetively and if a bed was low enough I couldn't get the gh under it was usually too low for the pc as well.

Now postivies: The 14" head and 2 inch tubing Does improve productivity over my pc qj. The handle is very well secured.
The larger head gives the wand more stability on carpet and doesn't want to tip left or right from the hose unless you run 2.5 straigh to the wand. But then you need to work your forearms if you plan on doing that. I do every so often and if I run it that way for more than a few hours I start feeling.

As mentioned already. the angled jets do allow better flushing through fibers and this wand works best when you are steady consistant back strokes to get the maximum amount of moisture to past through the fibers and back to the glide of choice. If you rush it and dont' have a chem to lower the surface tension of the water other than the heat, you won't penetrate deep enough to effectively flush.

The Greehnorn is actually lighter than my quad jet and can significantly feel the difference. Now granted as many have said, the greenhorn is not a career wand like say a titanium but you will still get years of use out of this wand.

One of the best points of sale was the price. Our PC QJ is roughly $625.00, upgraded jets and check valves adds another $56.00. Glide adds another $200.00. So you are paying rouphly $875.00 total package for an 11 inch wand. I think the Greenhorn's new are about 850 ish and they come fully stocked and put togehter. No need to fiddle faddle with purchasing the glide seperate, or ordering different jets or jet extenders or playing with the jets to angle just right. its done and ready to go on arrival! To me that's worth its weight in gold.

And if greenie doesn't have them in stock or can't build it fast enough for your needs you can always check with Les at Judson's or John Olson as they often will have a few to seel as well

Chris A

Name
Chris
The Greenhorn would equal the Titanium if the jet manifold was just backed better so it didn't move all over the place. After 18 months on the 'horn, I'm back behind my Ti wand and love it.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
OMG!! I can't believe someone has suggested the Hydra Hoe. The best wand "HANDS DOWN".

I decided to use my holed glide 4 jet on every job for a week. Now I can't put it down. It has jet extenders which seem to restrict the flow a bit. Has anyone else noticed this? This wand is 6 flow and I think I am going to up it to 8. I can't stand even the least bit of overspray so I installed 80's on the outside and 95's on the inside and so far it has worked out great with good even coverage and no overspray (some cgd just a bit but nowhere even close to what it was with 110's or even 95's on the outside).

My take is some wands are built different and need to be set up to fit that particular wand.
I apologize for the ugly wand stroke but that is what happens on my first attempt to record and clean at the same time. Just turn your head and you will be fine.

4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fr03bbwQpPk4]

4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuavO_iThUg4]

On this job I needed to conserve water but it was filthy. I turned the water on and a pipe was busted. I caught it pretty quick. A plumber showed up after I started cleaning and got the leak fixed. Good thing because I hooked into the water and used my hf and sprayed this carpet heavy. The carpet was supposed to be vacuumed but it was just swept and I could tell when I started cleaning it. With the flu and wanting to get home I just knocked it out.

I am going to up the flow on this wand as well. As long as I have atleast one six flow I will be fine. Take that back; on jobs where I can get water and hook up my apo I will run my glided 7.5 flow rx-20. That thing flushes great. It just uses too much water for me to clean a whole house with just water in my truck. I am expecting some more water damage jobs this weekend. Some hate the cold while I welcome it.

8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ALtXSuXxXM8]

Name
Ron lippold
you need alot more than 8 flow there buddy. try 18 and call me in the morning. you need to run as much water as possible.

Name
Nate W.
danielc said:
On this job I needed to conserve water but it was filthy. I turned the water on and a pipe was busted. I caught it pretty quick. A plumber showed up after I started cleaning and got the leak fixed. Good thing because I hooked into the water and used my hf and sprayed this carpet heavy. The carpet was supposed to be vacuumed but it was just swept and I could tell when I started cleaning it. With the flu and wanting to get home I just knocked it out.

I am going to up the flow on this wand as well. As long as I have atleast one six flow I will be fine. Take that back; on jobs where I can get water and hook up my apo I will run my glided 7.5 flow rx-20. That thing flushes great. It just uses too much water for me to clean a whole house with just water in my truck. I am expecting some more water damage jobs this weekend. Some hate the cold while I welcome it.

v]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ALtXSuXxXMv]

Could be my eyes, but it looks like streaking to me....??

Greenie

I see some mild pile distortion. most common cause is insufficient jet fan overlap. you want your fan jet pattern to overlap about 1/3 of it's width into the fan of adjacent jets.

And on a 4 jet wand, you only need to overlap strokes about an inch or two.

Greenie said:
I see some mild pile distortion. most common cause is insufficient jet fan overlap. you want your fan jet pattern to overlap about 1/3 of it's width into the fan of adjacent jets.

And on a 4 jet wand, you only need to overlap strokes about an inch or two.

This carpet was nasty. It needed a good vacuum and that was supposed be taken care of when I got there. I have the flu and felt like crap and was working overtime. I just wanted to get out of there. As far as jet overlap they all overlap pretty decent. I put 110s in the center but the overlap was too extreme. So much that it was creating pressure points of higher impact areas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom