Speed Cleaning Stairs

Spots2Stop

Here is our latest video of me speed cleaning stairs :)
d]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsUOrwzdlz8d]

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Thats the only way to clean stairs IMO. Use a 3 flow in the Prochem and have at it. Good job again Joe

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Follow with a towel.

Aids with cleaning the front curve of the steps and helps with drying.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Nice video Joe, but now my back is feeling your back's pain. :mrgreen:

Spots2Stop

Thanks guys :)

I like to use an upholstery tool it gets the edges better. I use stair tools for under beds and on commercial jobs.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
So......
You use the upholstery tool to clean stairs....
And the stair tool for under beds....

So, what do you use the wand for? :lol:

A

amazingcleansc

kolfer1 said:
So......
You use the upholstery tool to clean stairs....
And the stair tool for under beds....

So, what do you use the wand for? :lol:

he uses the wand for light pressure washing jobs, sidewalks, etc...

Erik

Supportive Member
Name
Erik
Wand for comm. Upholstery tool for res. The stair tool kills my back.

John Buxton

40" stair tool allows me to stand, the bending over would kill my back. One of the best things I ever bought was a drill attachment from the Excellent Supply dude in Florida that allows the 8" pads and bonnets for stairs and spotting. Bought a Porter-Cable cordless hammer drill with a side handle. Works great and doubles as a concrete drill for tackless.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Example of a 2 jet 4 inch stair tool... I think Ron even has a glide on this stair tool now.. makes life very happy. I use the Prochem 23" 2 jet stair tool with hole glide, I can use this stair tool directly coupled to my 2" hose, However my next stair tool will be the 40 inch tool.

y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRxJ4sNoZJQy]

Name
Nate W.
I currently use a prochem stair tool like sweendogg does. I have 2 40" pmf 2 jet stair tools but I don't use them. Seems to leave it too wet, even with a lot of dry strokes. A glide would help, but I was going to modify 1 pmf to a 2" tube and mess with angling the jets.

Name
Nate W.
sweendogg said:
Greenie make some pretty wicked stair tools as I recall. You could always check out if he has any, or call John Olson and have him have Greenie get you one.

But where's the fun in that?? I live on an island bro, I can't go anywhere really... :lol:

My friend and I like to tinker.... :wink:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Oh I wasn't directing it at you nate.. I just remembered ( Ok I kinda of forgot) about the Greenhorn Stair Tool. Tinker Away! :mrgreen: (if I had a tig/mig welder available to me/metal shop I'd be tinkering away as well.) I'm very proficent in a metal or wood shop.. I could easily go out and get my machinist certification if I wanted to.. but thought Physics Degree was enough. I spend most of my time down in the science model shop during my college days. I talked the department into letting me make all kinds of cool thins with the head of the model shop. Like a punkin Chuckin Trebuchet! :mrgreen:

CDRX

Cleaning stairs with an upholstery tool would kill my back, even my stair tool kills my back so I usually use my wand and that kills my shoulder. Since stairs are the biggest pain when cleaning a home I charge $75 per flight.

I get all excited when I get to clean a rambler.

Mike Draper

I charge 3bucks a stair. some people gasp at that price. I still think 5-6 a stair is more in line with what it should be when you figure in the time it takes and your hourly cost to run the truck.

Spots2Stop

We charge $2.75 a step for stair cleaning. Stairs can hurt I do use a stair tool if they are not to dirty and if the fibers are not crushed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom