Spider Box

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I'm running a spider box from a 30 amp dryer plug/adapter in a current residential job. One of the plugs (20 amps) that I am daisy chained too kept popping, however there was not a "total" of 20 nor 30 amps connected to that one slot. What else can it make to pop the gfi on the main plug?

The other question, which I think may be the reason, on the gfi for the air movers that you can daisy chain, do they have a limit of how many amps total you can hook one connection to the other? Say for instance a Phoenix Focus/Force 9's axials, 4-5 hooked up together @ 2.5 amps each (max) on a 15 amp is usually ok, but what if you max it out (over 15 or 20 amps) on the GFI of the actual air movers connected together since the main power is coming from the 30 amp in the dryer. I basically hooked up 8-10 axials daisy chained and figured it would be less than 30 amps so I should be ok, but it kept popping the circuit on the axials and the spider box (not the dryer fuse upstairs). I'm assuming it's some sort of safety?

Lastly, the spider box has several 20 amp connectors (in the photo I am only using 2), if you have a 30 amp power source, are you only able to use anything totaling 30 amps of power? In this case, I am using the 30 amp dryer connected to the spider box, than a 2nd 20 amp washer (next to dryer), and the remaining 2 15 amp's in the basement. There's a total of 25 air movers, 1 lg air scrubber, 2 LGR's. Power is limited. I wish I had a connection to a 50 amp range but the homeowner is living upstairs.

Maybe this is why some of you guys have TES trailers, huh?

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,
Bill

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I'm not sure I can ask my guys in the AM.

My answer would be a weak breaker, unless the box is new maybe that breaker needs to be replaced. ???

We have connections for both the stove and dryer plus a 100 ft extension cord which helps on multiple levels. Its expensive stuff but keep an eye out on Craigslist and Ebay. Construction companies frequently sell off this stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Thanks Richard.

I bought 2 of the CEP spider boxes on eBay, the power cord I rented from sunbelt.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Thanks Richard,
I had it under control yesterday, just wanted to know what was going on with it. I did use the 2nd 20 am plug, I'm assuming I am "capped out" on power now? I just wanted to know for future reference.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom