Spinner issues, valve

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
So my spinner (redline) seems to be having an issue latly....

with the pressure at 1200ish, you squeeze the trigger and bleh, nothing..

I turn the valve on the connector off and then on, and you can feel the pressure "click" in there, but nothing..

Took both ends off, and can blow through the valve with no problem, yet when it has pressure (and yes i turned it way down to) its like, i dunno, something gets in the way...

could an O-ring be bad or what?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
rebuild it......

I would not think it is the o-ring unless it is leaking everywhere....

I would lean more toward the spring inside may be shot and under pressure it is not working....

or you could of just got something stuck up in it.....

G

Change the valve; could be defective oring; Westpak makes great valves; I always use one rated at a few hundred more psi than I clean at. You could get a repack kit and try repacking guts; I generally only do that when I have a known good valve that I purchased brand new.

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
Mine did that on a job at night so I bypassed the trigger and it still didn't work. The spinner vale would turn a little and stop. Took off jets and no clogs. Lubed the spinner vale where the water goes in and worked it in till it came out the other side and it wroked.

My spinner will make little squeak as it stops spinning sometimes so I keep lubing it and the problem has not happened again. I have my trigger set up now with a qc and ball vale after the trigger so if it fails I can pop it ,off hook up the hose and finish the job.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
rjfdube said:
Change the valve; could be defective oring; Westpak makes great valves; I always use one rated at a few hundred more psi than I clean at. You could get a repack kit and try repacking guts; I generally only do that when I have a known good valve that I purchased brand new.
few hundred more???

um the handle valves on these are rated for 4000 psi...

taking it apart and see what i see i guess

CraigT

Name
Craig Tyler
Wow there are a lot of threads on here. Just a small bump from last month, and I hope you got this fixed already. We had this issue on some of our products and I want to add some thought into some of the spinners/valves out there using the Sutner (or similar) 4000 PSI valve handles.

They're typically designed for pressures washers and they go on and off at a much slower rate than carpet cleaners typically use. This with the combination of the stainless steel seat against a stainless steel ball you almost need the 4000 pressure to make it function properly. This makes their lifespan a lot shorter than the typical valve out there when used in the carpet cleaning industry.

The main issue that we had with this handle is that after time the valve no longer sealed properly. Our temporary fix was to get a replacement from the manufacturer, but the permanent solution would be to replace the valve with one that is designed for carpet cleaning.

Now this didn't apply to all of those handles we used, but we heard enough about it that something needed to be changed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom