Spinner tool problems

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I have an old black tile spinner tool. I think it may be one of the original turbo tools.

The thing is just not cleaning worth a crap. It leaves clean lines that are maybe an inch wide.If the floor is dirty at all this tool is unusable. I just got finished cleaning just over 900 sf of a nasty auto parts department with my 4 friggen inch gekko. The jets do not appear to be clogged, they spray evenly as far as I can tell. There are no obstructions in the vacuum slots and I just don't know what else to check.

I did notice there is some sort of relief on the top of the dome. It has a rubber disk, a bolt, a nut and a spring. I don't understand how that could cause this but it is fairly loose, is it possible it just needs tightening? Or do you have any other ideas?.

Ps I saw on magic wands sight they have a brush ring for the old turbos, is the brush ring better than the teflon ring that I have on there now?

Tony Dees

On those the swivel use to go bad. In other words, your jets are not turning, not rotating.

That swivel is ceramic, call your interlink supply, your tool is called Hydro Force Turbo

Pull the trigger and tilt it on the side to see if its turning.

TimP

The jets can be worn and not spraying with the right impact. You should be able to see if it's spinning by lifting it off the tile and keying the solution. Other than that you might have a full inline filter causing your flow and pressure to be decreased. Anyways that'd be what I'd look for.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
The pressure coming out of the jets seems good, it hurts my hand if you put it in front of the jet. I guess it's possible that it's not spraying at the right pattern. It has stainless jets but I guess they could still be bad I will try changing them.

It's definitely spinning and fast if I lift it up but I'm wondering if that spring relief not being adjusted properly could cause it to not spin at the right speed when it's on the floor, my problem with that idea is you would think opening the vacuum relief on the hose would have the same effect.

I don't know I'm puzzled and not really wanting to do any more tile till I figure it out.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ship the thing to me and i'll give you a $200 Credit towards buying a New Turbo Hybrid. Sometimes you just need to upgrade.

If that isn't an option check the clearance on your jets. I have seen where the older shells have started to wear out and the spinner/jets are to close to the ground. When that happens you get a 2-3" clean streak as that is as wide as the spray can hit the ground at that clearance. If that is the case changing the jets won't help. You won't have a choice but to upgrade to something else.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom