Spitfire Support Group

Supersucker

Anyone here with HM Spitfire 4.0 (or 3.2) lets get together & compare notes on any repairs, fixes or upgrades.

For example, I understand there is a way to get more heat by changing out a jet in the bypass loop. Any input appreciated.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I feel for those that own this machine

not sure which was worse for me the spit fire or the cross fire

I went to start the spit fire one day and the battery blew up, couldn't hear for a couple of days after that one, along with the vibration problems it had
then being new I didn't know anything about freeze guarding the machine

that bypass jet was always a problem, some days it would work great other days had a 150 # pressure drop when triggering the wand

Kevin B

Name
Kevin Bunce
Put a high temp needle valve in the bypass loop. Cut the bypass flow down alot. Disconnect the high heat shut down ( come on HM, is it really gonna blow up?), just don't let it sit there and run for 3 hours.

Put a larger water box on so the water won't boil, and if it does, you have 6-8 gallons of HOT water.

RLitwin

My first TM was a Bridgepoint Dagger - a re-badged 3.2.
I was a little weak on vacuum, but otherwise a great machine. I had it rebuilt and still have it as a back-up. I use it every month or so to keep it running.

Supersucker

Kevin, I was looking at the hot water circuit in the manual, it shows 2 of those valves, which are you referring to? Bumping the wand up to 9 flow.
Also on the water box, I have seen pics of some that have a screw-on lid. Mine is different & leaks a little when running. Would you suggest the factory box with screw-on lid or just get a stainless one fabbed up? Will be looking in to this as well.
Thanks

Oh and thanks to yous other guys.

I think

Greg Loe

If you take a 3.2 and strip all the sensors and switches off, add a propane heater and a vac booster, you'd have a good set up.

And add glides.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom