Splain this Mr Snow!

Mikey P

Administrator
I visited Tom Monahan's Rug Plant WOW!!!
Posted By Joe Bristor on 7/19/2009 at 12:53 AM

I am doing more rugs this year and wanted to see how good Tom's Rug washing tub and Centrum Force Centrifuge is.

I also didn't believe you can throw a bleeder in with other rugs. My Son Scott came with and Chris & Henry Augusto flew in from Rhode Island to go with me.

We decided to take two of our own rugs with and one was a very heavy bleeder. Tom scared the heck out of me when he threw the bleeder in the wash tub with my customers 8x10 rug. He also threw in about 8 more rugs.

It was amazing, the red didn't get on any of the other rugs. When we took it out of the wash tub and rinsed it, red poured out of it but in the tub none of the dye landed on any of the rugs.

We threw it in the centrum force and it looked beautiful when it came out. No red on the fringe either. We also threw the real thick 8x10 in the centrum force and I was amazed in 3 minutes how dry it left that rug. It was real stable too. That thing operates so smoothly.

I want to say thanks to Tom for spending the time with us and giving us some nice washing tips. He has a real clean shop and his employee was so knowledgable. The wash tub and Centrum Force is definately going into my business plan for next year.

Clark Lancaster says those rug tubs are "real pieces of shit"

What do you think?

100_3119.jpg

http://www.centrum-force.com/washing-tub.php

http://www.centrum-force.com/testimonials.php

I've seen this Verga guy around at Connections. He and Yappy were always swinging off each other's dicks. :shock:

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
holy shit i bet that bad boy cost some coin...how much they going for mikey??

i dont see how putting a folded up rug or even 10 of them would get them clean..what about spotting
and fringes and such, is that hands on work or do they come out clean as well?

mikey you should buy one then report back..i will be building my shop early next year and will be
putting in the wash pit at time of build out..it would be sweet to have something like this in it but i am sure it is a ass load of money..

Clark

This is a rug dieing machine in Europe. Cost around $10,000. You can build it for $6000. These chemicals come from Paul Lucas. I will have a new washer next year. It will use Ultra Sonic and Pauls Chemicals.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
That was posted by Dave Rampage, not Bristor (unless you are saying they are one and the same). What is your question Mikey?

Mikey P

Administrator
I'm asking can you really clean 10 rugs at once in a fancy bath tub?

that according to Clark was created for dieing Rugs, not washing them...

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Sure~ rug cleaning plants around the country (mostly Jersey & NY) have been doing this for decades using cascade wash systems.

rhyde

Name
rhyde
This topic came up on ICS sometime ago. Do a Search for “ Paddelkufe revisited (AKA Rug Wash Tub)” and “Wash Tub”

The real goal for Mr. Monahan is to package a complete turn-key cleaning system for sale so a guy gets a duster, wash tub and centrifuge, I’ll even give him will give him credit for educate people with his system. The argument if you want to call it that is that Tom gives the impression the tub cleaned rugs so it’s dust tub, centrifuge the tub removes soil it doesn’t take long for water to reach saturation where it simply cannot hold any more soil. The process for MOST People that use these in Europe is dust, wash tub, wash floor “to get the rug clean” and then centrifuge or compression wringer. The tub isn’t bad it just doesn’t get rugs clean by itself and its expensive 30K as I recall. You cannot run everything through it rugs that are structurally fragile/ worn rugs, and some color issues. Years ago we toyed with this the issue wasn’t dye bleed it was schlepping the wet dirty rugs out and still having to wash them on the floor to get them clean.

If you really want to screw around with this type of system you can build the same thing with 2 sump pumps and a 300 gallon plastic watering trough for under 1k

http://www.gototanks.com/water-troughs.aspx

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom