Splain this to me little giant heater

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
First two jobs today no dripping of water it does this sometimes it leaks sometimes it does not. Waldo

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
could be expansion......had a buddy of mine trying to chase down a leak in his HX....he kept pressuring it up and could not find it.......he brought it over to me and I heated up the truck mount water and we pressured it up....the hotter it got the more it leaked.......

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I've seen where debris ( Hard water and powders etc..) in the lines can temporarily clog the leak. Vibration and heat can make it appear again. A small leak will also evaporate from the heat. The best thing is to take out the coil and pressure test it. It's not that big of a deal to take it out. Especially is you suspect it needs a repair anyway. Remember that a small leak that comes and goes will eventually become a big leak that require attention. You can get it fixed for just a few bucks. Last one I had fixed did it for a 12 pack.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
You really are going to have to take the time and disassemble it to find the possible leak.

If you want to give me a call I can walk you thru most of it.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
The other week mine was leaking and I thought I blew a hole in it so I rank it out of the van so I could see better. Fired it up only to find the relief valve was leaking. Took it apart and cleaned it up good, put it back together, problem solved. I should have looked closer before lifting it out. I installed a drain tube out to the side door and noticed a little moisture there today. Probably time for a new one.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I can see the pressure relief valve from the outside its not leaking could it be leaking from the inside?

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
Water could come out of two places, the discharge port or the hole in the end of the adjuster. Either one is quite obvious.

Back
Top Bottom