splash and dash gettin sued by da gubmint!

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I ran into a guy who runs an independent splash and dash type carpet cleaning service who has also expanded into ten or so other cities. I told him I thought his brother was a nice guy and I thanked him for the referral.

He said, "Yeah, my brother likes you guys, but the only reason why he sent you that work is that we don't work for the government. We've had too many problems getting sued over mold and crap like three years later. Happened to us a couple of times in a few different cities. We pass on government jobs now because we can't afford the lawsuits."

Now I know he has a splash and dash reputation, but you have to REALLY be soaking carpets to be causing mold on the regular. Is the government really lookin to pin mold problems on carpet cleaners because they are easy targets or should this guy find a different line of work?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Government bureaucrats are paid to shake things up and they have unlimited time and money.
So, they then have a reason in impose regulations.

Then they can then hire more Gov workers to impose the regulations and get more money to do so.

Not surprised here.

Business as usual for the Government.

The main purpose of any bureaucracy (even though it may have been well intended at first.) is to grow the agency.
Not to serve it intended purpose.

Part of the problem with the rapid growth of goverment VS the private sector.

F

FB7777

Ken Snow said:
Sounds like bs to me.
yep, it takes a special kind of individual to run any type of business based on deception

I'd doubt everything that came out of his mouth

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Maybe that came out wrong. He led me to believe he has been sued over mold a few different times in a few different cities working in a few different federally funded buildings, and one time it was three years after the cleaning. The job he most recently referred me wasn't "the gubmint", it was a correctional facilitie's office space.

That being said, I still don't necessarily trust everything he says.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom