Spoke Too Soon......(Too Boring For Marty)

R

R W

Someone posted a few weeks ago about Genesis problems, and I had posted that mine was doin' all right. Well, now the Genesis has decided to just shut down .....whenever....for no apparent reason. The Tattletale switch pops, and down she goes. I check for everything that might be wrong (oil pressure, overheat, overfill.....), but nothing is wrong. I've been having to hold the TT switch longer and longer when starting, so I ordered one yesterday. It's a minor inconvenience, but I don't like the machine shutting down suddenly from a full load.

Of course, this doesn't compare to Martys V problem last month, but I was bored..........

R

R W

Yeah, Larry.....when I first started in this business, I didn't know that the TM HAD to be running........

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
My Big Red was tempermental like that. Sometimes for no reason I could find it would just shut down. Most often it was from over heating. The nice thing about that old unit was that some how, some way, I could always get it running again to finish the job. Sometimes it meant disconnecting something.
One time the solenoid for the fuel pump quit. It uses an electromagnet to hold the fuel open. When it quit I still needed to work until I could get it replaced. I just disconnected it and manually opened the fuel. It also meant I was running with no auto shut off, so its a dangerous way to work. Got the job done!

Back
Top Bottom