Spotter Bottles

tman7

Supportive Member
Name
Tony Gillihan
Do you give your customer spotter bottles? Do you charge them for them? And who offers the best deal on spotter bottles with a company name imprinted on them?

Thanks for your input

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
for this type

www.spraybottles.com does the spotter bottles

100_3592.jpg

we give them away free and if they run out they just call and we refill

ScottM

Name
Scott Moody
Jim

Those bottles do look sharp.

1. What does the other side of the bottle look like?

2. How many bottles did you have to buy to get a decent price on the bottle/label/spray combination?

3. Is that Baby Blue spotter by Mixed-Rite Cleaning Systems?
http://www.mixedrite.com/products/babyblue.htm

4. Does that spotter work that great and have your customers commented about its performance?

Thanks!
Scott Moody

Rob Rocha

I have been testing a sample bottle of Spot pro from CTI. So far so good. It's a large 16oz red bottle that supposedly comes with a spray trigger when you order them and your name on it is no charge. I like the idea of the trigger just maybe the customers won't over use on a spot. Also, a good size area for your name.
Also, Poof from vac-away there give away product I'm sure is a good product everything Ive tried from them has been good. Oh yea, I do give them away a great way for them to see your name whenever they get a spot.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Re: Jim

ScottM said:

2. How many bottles did you have to buy to get a decent price on the bottle/label/spray combination?

4. Does that spotter work that great and have your customers commented about its performance?

Thanks!
Scott Moody

the other side

IMG_3353.jpg

IMG_3352.jpg

yes it is baby blue from mixed rite

everybody loves this stuff...some has said it pull out more then most products they have used....

figure we have to order all the bottles and sprayers......
we order the Baby blue from Mixedrite...which some times is a real pain..
not the most dependable distributor...
Tia stands at the counter and measures,mixes and put together a few cases at a time for me to hand out.....

But the response we get from these are worth every penny and effort...
everyone loves the spotter........the bottles are a great marketing tool and we refill for free........

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
so jim what do you spend per bottle do you think? what is baby blue?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
just under $2 per bottle............that includes set up ....imprint fee....bottles

sprayers... shipping ..the spotter inside............

Baby Blue is just a spotter that we get in a concentrate and mix for our bottles...........

ScottM

Name
Scott Moody
That is one sharp set up on the whole bottle label.

As we get closer to doing our first run, I will have to talk to you about the specifics.

Thanks,
Scott Moody

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
tman7 said:
Do you give your customer spotter bottles? Do you charge them for them? And who offers the best deal on spotter bottles with a company name imprinted on them?

Thanks for your input

Yes, give your customers spotter bottles. Do not charge for them. You want them to have a spotter bottle with your name and phone number on it whenever they have a spot or spill.

Who has the best deal is not really the right question. Even how well the product works is not really the most important question.

You want to know what the appearance of the bottle and your information on the label will do for your marketing.

Our entry in this field is Home Pro Spotter and also Avenge Spotter. I think the Home Pro has a great look. With the Avenge program the entire bottle is yours to do with as you please. Any information and any graphics you choose.

Scott Warrington

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Prices will vary by volume purchased and by distance from the manufacturing company. Most large manufacturers can offer printing, smaller ones may give you a better price for bottle and you find your own printer.

Check with your insurance company to make sure you have coverage before you fill your own bottles. At least in Washington, the last repackager of the product bears all liability for any problems that may occur. If your insurance agent says you're taking a risk, use one of the pre-filled spotter programs.

We give ours away, but allow customers to buy more if they want. Hey, it makes a great gift! :D

Name
Shawn Forsythe
In addition to what Scott said,

A properly formulated and labeled(marketing) giveaway spotter product emphasizes the most desirable situation for the cleaner. You want the product to perform well, but not in a manner with a formulation that would change the spot picture for professional follow-up, if necessary to use professional aggression, chemicals, and/or techniques.

You want to be able to tell the customer that "this product is both safe and effective" i.e., Safe for you, the carpet, AND the stain itself, if professional services are inevitably required.

This will promote YOUR services as the logical next step, if the spotter fails to remove the stain. But at the same time, being quite effective on all spots that are expected to be reasonably removed by a consumer.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Re: Jim

Jim Martin said:
ScottM said:

Thanks!
Scott Moody

the other side

IMG_3353.jpg

IMG_3352.jpg

yes it is baby blue from mixed rite

everybody loves this stuff...some has said it pull out more then most products they have used....

figure we have to order all the bottles and sprayers......
we order the Baby blue from Mixedrite...which some times is a real pain..
not the most dependable distributor...
Tia stands at the counter and measures,mixes and put together a few cases at a time for me to hand out.....

But the response we get from these are worth every penny and effort...
everyone loves the spotter........the bottles are a great marketing tool and we refill for free........
The Former company I worked for was the first distributors of Mixed-Rite (JWC Inc/Steam Way of Utah and Kelly McCloy where the driving force behind it and ) We still carry Baby Blue and Ultra Citra Boost and the 3-1 RF. The Baby Blue is safe ask Kelly he Drank It. Ok maybe it isn't so safe... :shock: It will even take out Sharpie marks. Cost's $1 to make 16oz. Jim they have had a hard time keeping sales people over at powerline working on the mixed rite line. We keep the stuff in stock so if you need anything let me know and I will take care of it. They are just up the road from us so it really is never an issue.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
Here is what I have found.........

I was using the Home Pro Spotter with the citric...When a client calls me back for a 6 month or what ever cleaning..some were telling me that they used the spotter I was giving them and after a certain time frame (it varied between clients).it was coming back and leaving a residue ....and sure enough it was...

Baby Blue ....has got to be the best out there IMO...No residue..cleans about 98% of anything that hits the floor...
Everyone just loves it.....It is safe.......effective...everyone loves the spray or stream bottles.......and most important for me...My bottles pretty much market Beyond Clean......Not everyone else....

Scott

Jim is smart. He brands his own company instead of co-oping his brand which confuses the customer. (ask me how I know this)

Scott

Scott

Chris Muetterties said:
Ok Big Banana Slug how do you know :roll:

I'm glad you asked Chris! (Banana Slug? Sheesh!)

Many years ago we had a customer come into our shop with 6 bottles of a popular spotter that we were using at the time. (free refills, yadda yadda) I promptly got her refills but on further inspection noticed that while the overall look was the same, the name and number of the company was not ours. At that point I knew we had an "identity problem" and the next order was for a complete overhaul of the look, name, color, and brand of our bottles.

4,500+ spotter bottles later, it was one of the smartest moves I made.

Scott

John Olson

Name
John Olson
boazcan said:
John,

Can you provide a link of this on your website?

Thnks.

This is one of those 1000's of Items we haven't got up on the website yet. Lora tries to get a couple items up each week but until we can pay someone to come in and do it all at once I have to be patient :)

What we stock is the 32oz concentrate. It is $32 and makes 64 16oz spray bottles. I will see if I can get Lora to get the Mixed-Rite up on the site today. If you have any questions please call me. I have a money back Guarantee on the mixed rite products. You use half the bottle and don't think it is everything I tell you then send it back and I'll refund your purchase price. I have never ever had anyone send any back. Matter of fact they keep buying it.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Hey Al,

What company put together your line of spotter bottle products? I noticed the CRI logo on your bottle too.
Have all companies gotten their home spotters CRI approved. Magic Wand had a CRI approved product and was offering to private label it for carpet cleaners... Al, is that who did your bottles?

Thanks,

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom