spotting Machine

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
Any reco's ? My distributor sold me a p.o.s. sandia something or other that had no suction for what it sprayed..it was 500 and they gave me store credit so I got some other shit i needed. I still want a machine though so I'm interested in what anyone can throw out there as far as what to stay away from and what to look at. These are the same people who sold me the pro chem pro caps p.o.s. too..grrr.

Thanks,
Jarred

randy

Name
Randy
Crusader makes a great one.
100 psi , 3 stage vac (most use a crappy vac) and optional heat.
I have crusaders & the Sandi (same as Interlink unit) no comparison. The Sani is junk.
I have cleaned lots of upholstery with the the crusader and a internal jet, clear plastic head PMF tool.
For $90 its a great hand tool, a way better value then these over priced $500-$600 upholstery tools we see poping up with every passing year.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I have the Tempo.
Works fine, never tried the others.

Bring extra padded ear protection for the Tempo. The noise it makes been known to have raised the dead.

Guaranteed: the clients will not hang around you while you clean.

meAt said:
EDIC Bravo

http://www.***************/store/edic-b ... -7899.html

..L.T.A.

Why not get the fivestar?

You can use it for upholstery, or use it for small carpet jobs in high rises etc.

It really does a great job if the carpet is pre-sprayed and scrubbed with a 175 prior to extraction. Doing that will beat out a lot of tms that are spray and suck only.

It just seems more versatile.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
danielc said:
meAt said:
EDIC Bravo

http://www.***************/store/edic-b ... -7899.html

..L.T.A.

Why not get the fivestar?

donno what a Fivestar is, Dan

if you mean the Galaxy 5 , I have no experience with them.
It might be a good small porty for all I know, but it's a porty and weighs twice as much as the Bravo.
57 pounds vs 25

Looks like it might be a good option though for someone that's looking for a "tweener" ..as in more than a spotter that can be used for upl occasionally and full size lg capacity porty

..L.T.A.

Name
Nate W.
randy said:
lust1kiddo said:
i use the same upholstery tool. how much is the crusader?

Several different models
http://www.crusadermfg.com
1800-597-3336

I have 2 Mytee Tempo's and the Sandia spotting machines. The crusader in the link looks the same as the Sandia spotter. I found both to work good for what they are. I never tried to clean whole pieces of furniture with a spotting machine. I think it'd take too long.

Mikey P

Administrator
Have Crusader or Edic donated countless items to MB for auction or hosted a MF?

Have either spent millions in court defending YOUR right to use a Teflon Glide?

Get the damn Mytee..

It is a great little machine.

Name
John LaBarbera
kolfer1 said:
I have the Tempo.
Works fine, never tried the others.

Bring extra padded ear protection for the Tempo. The noise it makes been known to have raised the dead.

Guaranteed: the clients will not hang around you while you clean.

Mytee doesn't charge extra for raising the dead.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Fivestar is an EDIC "Rug Dr." Look a like

We rent them at our Store

It's alot better quality than a Rug Dr but the same design.

I have a Mytee Tempo.

Good little machine. Serves it purpose. Small spots, touch ups/wick backs etc.

I don't like the external jet hand tool it has alot of splashing on upholstery. Haven't customized my own hoses yet for it. But the hand tool is also directly attached to solution line and does not have a quick connect. So hand tool can only be used on that machine and or only with the 8ft solution hose attached to it.

WHY can't one of the bigger Vac companies or anyone develop a home use spotter for Custy's for say in the $200 range? Plastic or no plastic. If you can get a steam vac for $200-$300 y can't you get a smaller version of a spotting machine for $150-$250.

EDIC is a smaller company. Don't have NEAR the service/reputation of Mytee. Machines are decent quality but not top of the line.

Jordan

Name
John LaBarbera
jstucky said:
Fivestar is an EDIC "Rug Dr." Look a like

We rent them at our Store

It's alot better quality than a Rug Dr but the same design.

I have a Mytee Tempo.

Good little machine. Serves it purpose. Small spots, touch ups/wick backs etc.

I don't like the external jet hand tool it has alot of splashing on upholstery. Haven't customized my own hoses yet for it. But the hand tool is also directly attached to solution line and does not have a quick connect. So hand tool can only be used on that machine and or only with the 8ft solution hose attached to it.

WHY can't one of the bigger Vac companies or anyone develop a home use spotter for Custy's for say in the $200 range? Plastic or no plastic. If you can get a steam vac for $200-$300 y can't you get a smaller version of a spotting machine for $150-$250.

EDIC is a smaller company. Don't have NEAR the service/reputation of Mytee. Machines are decent quality but not top of the line.

Jordan

How much is raising the dead worth to you?lol BTW you can unscrew the upholstery tool and buy one with an internal jet. we sell these into the detail market. They like the tools as it is.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Hey Jon LaBarbera,
I now have the 1003 DX, Tempo, an M-5 (not to talk about your super duper Heater, 220 boxes, shelves etc.)

When are you going to make the Tray for the portables?
And I have not yet given up on a well made ramp for sidewalks that go above the hoses.

Raising the Dead?
Priceless :p

ascrubabove

The Tempo is a good machine, I have the Sanitaire version. I can clean table chairs and stuff while my helper is cleaning the carpet, great time saver

Name
John LaBarbera
kolfer1 said:
Hey Jon LaBarbera,
I now have the 1003 DX, Tempo, an M-5 (not to talk about your super duper Heater, 220 boxes, shelves etc.)

When are you going to make the Tray for the portables?
And I have not yet given up on a well made ramp for sidewalks that go above the hoses.

Raising the Dead?
Priceless :p

The ramp is drawn, no money. No mon, no fun. I like the tray idea a lot. No money right now. Waiting for my Mikey Loan to come in. He keeps telling me my check is in the mail. And I keep waiting. I don't think he put a stamp on it.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
John,
When you do the ramp, please make sure that it will allow both the vacuum hose (21/2") , solution hose and the water hose to go under.
In the current yellow one, that is on the market, fitting the 2", solution and water hose is very difficult.

Also the pivot hinge is not very durable needs to be heavier duty, and the area where the screws fit in needs to be beefed up.

Forget about Mikey's check it's like the Phoenix :roll:

Name
John LaBarbera
kolfer1 said:
John,
When you do the ramp, please make sure that it will allow both the vacuum hose (21/2") , solution hose and the water hose to go under.
In the current yellow one, that is on the market, fitting the 2", solution and water hose is very difficult.

Also the pivot hinge is not very durable needs to be heavier duty, and the area where the screws fit in needs to be beefed up.

Forget about Mikey's check it's like the Phoenix :roll:

Hi Ofer,

Good reminders, Thank you. I haven't forgot about the tray idea that you had. I like it. One of these days I'll make one. On the hinge for the ramp. What is the diameter of the hinge pin? What do you recommend?

Thanks,

John

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
John,
I got to go and clean some dang carpets, I'll go measure it later and get back to you.

Off hand it is not only the pin diameter it is also the actual metal thickness of the entire piece which is flimsy.
Granted with a hinged ramp there is a lot of leverage. However with the existing yellow one on the market, the whole metal bends and the screws kind of pull out. I guess that is the weakness area and it needs to be beefed up.

I wonder if it might be a good idea to put the hinge in a recessed area.

Another issue is that sometime on some surfaces it slips. Would making the area that is in touch with the sidewalk not smooth (maybe many little bumps) make it hold better to the sidewalk?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom