Spotting(upholstery), what would you try? What would you charge?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Very large salon we work for, good client.

The chair is a very thin material, looks and feels like a nylon(my guess). Cleaned them(set of 4) many times. No issues.

They tried soap and water...:hopeless:

It's gotta be some type of petroleum product? Who knows... I'd generally go right for a solvent for something like this. How about you?

chair photo1.jpg

The work would need to be done on a sat or sun after closing 7pm.... Ugggggg, working at night sucks! Maybe a half hour away at most.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
After 7 on a weekend?

Tell me about it. During the week they close at 10pm!

I usually do things for them Sunday nights. Makes Mondays suck, but this should be a quick one. Dam, I need that spotter(auction)!

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
It's gotta be some type of petroleum product? Who knows... I'd generally go right for a solvent for something like this. How about you?

It's sometimes best to work your way up gradually on the "aggressive" list one product at a time.

Solvents can be as aggressive as you can get, so you may want to start a little lower down the list, maybe just a simple degreaser of even just your favorite prespray in a sprayer.

A cool way to test several different products quickly and point you in the right direction is to put a little of each product on a white towel or q-tip and lightly dab a small area of the stain and see which product achieves the most color transfer to the towel.

Being a thin fabric, don't get too aggressive physically either.

I found that solvents can often leave very noticeable lighter areas when used on upholstery fabrics, which can't be as easily hidden as they can be on carpets, and tend to stand out like a sore thumb, so test first on somewhere inconspicuous.

Being a Salon, the first thing that comes to my mind is hair DYE, so you may want to address the possibility before hand, of it not coming out completely on such a light fabric.

Reactions: jcooper

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
If all you're doing is the back why cant you do it first thing on a weekday?

I imagine that might be a possibility.

Honestly, we are booked to the gills(thank goodness). Four days of next week are all day jobs!:biggrin:
Phones ringing, not sure whats going on. It's like the middle of summer around here. Maybe every one is just happy it's not -5!

Some dry cleaning solvent

You have a specific brand/type/link you use or like?

You ever try this shampoo? I use it as a pre spray, works great. Want it foamy? Just scrub it! Want it to encap? Don't rinse it...
http://www.chemspecworld.com/Product.aspx?p=FastDryUpholsteryShampoo

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom