spray foam insulation

glenboy

Name
GLEN
customer replaced windows in house and dropped a mess of spray foam ins on the hallway in his home when i got there it was a large yello stain about 10-12 inches around on the carpet .he told me he was gonna use ACETONE to remove this what i thought was a permanent stain,no way i thought ,he worked on that spot the whole time i was there he asked me to clean the spot and i could not see it ,it was gone atleast 98 percent i was shocked .he told me this spot is gonna come out and thats that.he showed me ....

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
That yellow "stain" was foam residue and acetone would work great to get it out. Have you ever gotten a volitile solvent on a stryo block? As a kid working with my Dad I thought it was great fun to use the 1,1,1, trichloroethane to melt blue blocks.

I'd be surprised if he didn't delaminate his carpet. Acetone can work on a multitude of hard to get out inks and other spots but you have to be VERY careful or you can do more damage than good.

Name
Tom McLaughlin
Customer also conveniently forgot to mention that acetone just melted all the seals in your recovery tank.

:lol: ...Just kidding glenboy!... :lol:

Acetone is the active ingredient in nail polish remover and like MicahR mentioned, lucky thing he didn't delaminate everything through the subfloor into the basement. You know how customers are.... if 2 ounces is good, a half gallon is great.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
this customer seemed too have alot of self control i was watchin him.thats why he spent 2 hours workin on this spot i spoke to him and he is very pleased

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom