Spray-on and Roll-on Floor Liners

John Watson

We have had the last 2 vans Rhino lined, No problem with product, on first van applicator screwed up and didn't spray all the step and down and around the body on the side with the 2 doors. That area rusted out with in 2 years. The next van was sprayed properly, 9 yrs ago, still using daily.

I also would go with Line X

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
LineX here.

I also went to wal-mart after my machine was installed and got some herculiner in a can to put on my horizontal freshwater tank.

Jim Bethel

Name
Jim Bethel
Line-X all the way down here!

We had a few customers the used Rhino lining due to their location and after a month, it was peeling off. This rig below was sprayed a month prior to us getting out hands on the truck to do the install. He was only carrying around airmovers and dehums in this truck before he had the Genesis installed, and it was already coming off in sheets!

PICT0003.jpg

It seems to be that Rhino really needs to applied by someone that knows what they are doing. Line-X however is more idiot proof due to the pressure and heat that it is sprayed on at.

The other thing I like about Line-X is as Bryan said above, it is less slippery the Rhino, and it forms a neater surface.

Linex.jpg

This is Line-X that I have computer color coded to match the exact color of the van. We have it sprayed 8 inches up the walls and cover the wheel arches as well so if you want to hose it out, you can, without any fear of water penetrating anywhere and rusting underneath. This looks very neat and professional!

Another thing you may want to consider it a mix of both Line-X and carpet.

zLinex.jpg

We done this fit out with Line-X on the floors and up to the wheel arch height, and then insulated the walls and carpeted them to provide sound deadening as well. You can still hose this truck out without fear of rotting out the carpet. (you can see down the bottom of the walls, where the Line-X stops and the carpet starts if you look closely)

Or if you really are worried about rusting and corrosion.....

freedomfibreglass.jpg

This was a second hand van of a customer of ours. The entire cargo area of the van, floors, wall and roof are completely finished off with industrial grade fiberglass!

May give you some other ideas....

Jim
PowerClean Australia

mkpol1

Line X is the best. Do it yourself will peel off over time...my did. Line X is less slippery than rhino lining

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I have the do it yourself herculiner from wal mart on my water tank and the key is to have the surface clean and sanded before application.

No peeling or anything.Looks just like the lineX stuff.

Jimbo

Hey Bob...I used U-POL 'Raptor' 2 part tintable spray on liner...and did it myself...if you buy a 4 liter kit they throw in a shutz spray gun...got it in a bright canary yellow...materials were about $125 a year and a half ago...it's holding up well.

I decided to do it myself after getting a couple of $1800 quotes to have it done at a shop. It is a must to cover the ENTIRE VAN with plastic...and anything nearby that you do not want overspray on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom