Sprint Comes Through for Me Again

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
So I spent some time looking for remote call forwarding numbers yesterday for my Dallas area. The 877 numbers just isn't cutting it...in my opinion.
People like local numbers and I know this.
I had the Google voice local number and that was a bad idea....people were calling and getting a "disconnected" recording. :shock: Not gud for bidness.

So anyway, I use Sprint for Sac and personal and all that so I thought I would just check out another mobile phone to be forwarded...it's flexible and local and I've never had a problem with Sprint's forwarding feature...Knock on Harpers head. blowme
Anyway, $19.95 per month for a new line and $30.00 for the phone LG Rumor Touch (nothing fancy).

I will forward the number to Full Circle for no extra charge and if for some crazy reason I don't or can't use FC, I can answer my own phones :shock: :shock: Yeah yeah, sure sure.

Just wanted to share this with the masses in case anyone is having similar phone issues.
Most remote forwarding local numbers are in the $40.00/month range and with no real phone for "just in case".

This has been a moment with Brian. Ivebeensold !gotcha!

B

Bill G. Martin

Great idea....you are right about the $40.

"switch" is the technical term for a number that is just used for call forwarding......I have one and even the phone people don't get it sometimes.....had one phone employee try to set it up with a long distance plan so I could "call-out" on that number....don't think she ever did understand the program.

Bill in central Florida

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I just like having the option of more control if I need it.

If anything changes, I can change with it.

Yes there is a 2 year contract but I'm out of contract on the other phone anyway.

"Switch" is a new one for me Bill. Thanks

Gary T

I use Vonage. With them I can get local "Virtual" numbers" for anywhere. I have a different # for every marketing piece for easier tracking. All #'s can be forwarded to any, or multiple phones. Each "virtual" number is $5 bucks a month with 100 min each.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
100 minutes?
That's not very much. Maybe I missed something.

With Sprint, there is unlimited call forwarding and mobile to mobile if I decide to actually call from it. Unlimited text and data as well.

Gary, how easy is it to switch the forwarding number to another phone?

Gary T

Takes a few seconds.

100 min isn't much, but I have 6 different #'s. And those #'s are only incoming.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
How much after 100 mins?
How much do you usually go over?

Pretty good price and flexibility but minutes scare the hell right out of me. lol

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
That's cool.

But still like my next to nothing for a phone...free if I want it to be and $19.99 per month for really unlimited everything that I use.

I didn't like the Google voip....lots of problems...but that is totally free.....for a reason. lol

Able 1

Name
Keith
Sprint here sucks my phone dosen't ring, and I get voicemails :shock: ... Have no clue how much biz I've lost cuz of it. :evil: I'm looking into a droidx.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Able 1 said:
Sprint here sucks my phone dosen't ring, and I get voicemails :shock: ... Have no clue how much biz I've lost cuz of it. :evil: I'm looking into a droidx.

I know what you mean...nothing like a phone service you can't depend on. Sprint has always been good for me in CA and TX.
That's why I'm changing all the lines to them. I'm approved for like 1000 lines or something. lol

Keith, I would surely ask around or do research as to what phone provider works best in your area. Sometimes it's the equipment that sucks to.
The cheapy phones don't hold the call well sometimes it seems.

What kind of phone are you using now?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Phone came yesterday, got it forwarded. The LG Rumor Touch is like a baby version of the Epic...nowhere near the capabiities but still pretty cool for $19.00.

Should have done this a year ago. lmao.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
I changed my number to AWESOME for my DJ business and switched my old number to CallCentric. $1.99 per month, 1.2 cents per minute, no other charges. I will let you know about the quality when the port finishes on Oct. 2nd.

This way I don't lose contact with anybody who only has my old number. I have a lot of cards out with that number.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Brian R said:
[quote="Able 1":1ubq46qy]Sprint here sucks my phone dosen't ring, and I get voicemails :shock: ... Have no clue how much biz I've lost cuz of it. :evil: I'm looking into a droidx.

I know what you mean...nothing like a phone service you can't depend on. Sprint has always been good for me in CA and TX.
That's why I'm changing all the lines to them. I'm approved for like 1000 lines or something. lol

Keith, I would surely ask around or do research as to what phone provider works best in your area. Sometimes it's the equipment that sucks to.
The cheapy phones don't hold the call well sometimes it seems.

What kind of phone are you using now?[/quote:1ubq46qy]

I have that rubber coated phone( think it is the only one that's rubber coated), it wasn't cheap though... Verizon is the best around here.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Cool. Hopefully Verizon has some cool plans. I think I heard something about extra lines being like $5.00 or kids talk free or something like that.

Good luck.
Are you going to get a droid?

Able 1

Name
Keith
Going with the Fascinate..

o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45GLLqwLSHko]

Able 1

Name
Keith
I had the Fascinate for 2 weeks and didn't like it... I had a problem with backround noise and the screen would lock up on me. I traded it in for the Droid X,and this thing is sweet(so far)!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah the Epic is my choice for Sprint.

But the incredible looks cool for I think it was Verizon or something.

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
Hey Brian,

Don't know if this is true on not but I heard that it's better to have a landline phone # for your Google local listing. Since your'e the guru when it comes to Google is this true?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
PTMatt said:
Hey Brian,

Don't know if this is true on not but I heard that it's better to have a landline phone # for your Google local listing. Since your'e the guru when it comes to Google is this true?

Yes, it's true. Google will find real world ways to find out if your are who you say you are and where you say you are.
Address' on Business License, ficticious name statements...anything that makes you a little more legit.

I'm not a guru but I play one on Mikey's Board. lol

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom