Sprinter Van Install

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
After about $2000 worth of van repairs the bedliner was installed yesterday.

Today, i installed 2inch thick R-10 rigid foam insulation. Tomorrow, the inside panels get re-installed.

if all goes well i'm planning to cherry pick the TM into it on monday.

IMAG0174_zpse4726ecb.jpg

IMAG0175_zps17c38c9b.jpg

FredC

Village Idiot
George,

are those panels attached to the metal with any type of adhesive?

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Did you consider spray foam insulation.Their are many more benifiets to spray foam such as insulation value,sound proofing and added rigitity for shelving.

Name
Brad Gouveia
Yeah I would recommend spray from and rhino over that. Looks good though are you going to put any paneling over the walls. Keep the pics coming.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
Thanks!

I looked at other insulation options but the rigid foam was the easiest, least expensive and had the highest R value.

Two 4x8 sheets of 2" foam cost $29 each. Plus a roll of metal ducting tape.

Altogether it cost about 70 bucks.

The foam is being held in place w tape until I get the panels re-installed.

If needed, I might cover the ceiling with radiant heat barrier insulation to keep things toasty on those single digit nights.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I want to install a Mytee ETM or a TechnoViking. But the Blueline is paid for and sitting around collecting dust.

So, the blueline is going in.

Maybe an electric TM on the next one.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
So George I probably haven't kept up but are you adding a truck or replacing your V?

Oh, and by the way I love the way your liner turned out and I don't know what your temps get but I think your insulation choice will be fine. If I were going to do anything else I might spray in around the edges of what you have pieced in just to fill the gaps although it would take away from a pleasing finish, but hey it's all going to be covered up anyway right?

Last edited:

Ron K

I like the Chair!

I'm thinking about a Sprinter but hoping my Ford lasts until the new Ford Van comes out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom