Sprinter Van

SDSinc

I'm considering getting a sprinter. Any of you run one? If so likes and dislikes? Would you post picks of your set up?

I hate working out of my chevy van. I went of vacation for a couple of weeks and when I got back my blower had froze. Trying to get it unstuck in that f'n short van did me in. I'm done. Don't really want to go to a cutaway so I thought a extended 2500 tall sprinter would be the way to go.

Thanks.

Mikey P

Administrator
A Sprinter or Vortex type box truck SHOULD/could do wonders for setting you apart from the scores of Cargo Van competitors.

Have it well organized inside like the Bethels do with their units and you win lots of bids where MEN make the decision.

Bigger is better.

John Buxton

I looked at the when they came out. The GVW wasn't enough, their expensive, and you have to do a slide in no pto's or you void the warranty.

Cameron1

Mikey P said:
A Sprinter or Vortex type box truck SHOULD/could do wonders for setting you apart from the scores of Cargo Van competitors.

Have it well organized inside like the Bethels do with their units and you win lots of bids where MEN make the decision.

Bigger is better.

It ain't the size as much as the motor driving it.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
The problem with the sprinter was the fuel. You can't tap the fuel line for a diesel truck mount without voiding the warranty. You have to mount a fuel tank inside and I don't believe there is a way to do it DOT approved.

gene

C

cucu

i love my sprinter i got me judson in it and im happy going to work in it every day all day and sometimes night time too

also have 2 fords that i hate to drive after driving the sprinter , mpg is great ,comfort is great and when you kit it out nice and keep it clean people notice it
breaks i get about 35-40 k out of the front,front rotors i got 85k out of them
cost me under $400 to replace front pads and rotors

oil changes are a bit much at 14q every 3000 miles
but i still would not go back to the reg van

[imgurl=:duqozajz][/imgurl:duqozajz]
1226278261.jpg

C

cucu

[imgurl=:28cywrl5]
1226278234.jpg
[/imgurl:28cywrl5]

[imgurl=:28cywrl5]
SU1HMDAxMTYuanBn.jpg
[/imgurl:28cywrl5]

the other good thing about my judson is cooking breakfest

SDSinc

Sweet set up. Yea, I'm just done with a full size. Actually the Sprinters have come down in price sense the crash. I have a slide in so that's ok. Sense I'm going used, f the warranty. I'm doing it. The search starts.....

B

Bill G. Martin

Paul Brown said he MAY be looking to sell his Sprinter since the accident may lay him up for some time.

Text or call: 707 322 7208

Bill in central Florida

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I just picked up my new set up.
A Sprinter 3500 extended, with a Prochem Apex (diesel) tapping into the tank.

New set up, haven't made a penny with it yet.
Looks sweet.
I have a 175, turbo Hybrid, two chemical shelves, a water softener, upholstery tools, various wands, vacuum cleaner, geko wand + ton of chemicals and still have planty of space.

Got to love it!

Can't tell yo yet how durable it is. I hope for the best.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
SDSinc said:
I'm considering getting a sprinter. Any of you run one? If so likes and dislikes? Would you post picks of your set up?

I hate working out of my chevy van. I went of vacation for a couple of weeks and when I got back my blower had froze. Trying to get it unstuck in that f'n short van did me in. I'm done. Don't really want to go to a cutaway so I thought a extended 2500 tall sprinter would be the way to go.

Thanks.

There's lots more head room, but no more "floor space" on the standard size Sprinters

..L.T.A.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
kolfer1 said:

Looks sweet.
I have a 175, turbo Hybrid, two chemical shelves, a water softener, upholstery tools, various wands, vacuum cleaner, geko wand + ton of chemicals and still have planty of space.

Got to love it!

Pics please!

B

Bill G. Martin

How about some pic's with those doors open?

Bill in central Florida

TimP

cucu said:
oil changes are a bit much at 14q every 3000 miles

I don't see why you have to change the oil that often. I've read with diesel you can go much farther than gas burners.

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
tmdry said:
kolfer1 said:

Looks sweet.

Got to love it!

Pics please!
Sorry, Bill.
I've been so busy with the move here and still haven't figured out how to download pictures to my Window 7 new computer, let alone do it on the internet.
Once I catch up I'll try to do it.

The way things are going, if I am lucky- 2014.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
kolfer1 said:
tmdry said:
kolfer1 said:

Looks sweet.

Got to love it!

Pics please!
Sorry, Bill.
I've been so busy with the move here and still haven't figured out how to download pictures to my Window 7 new computer, let alone do it on the internet.
Once I catch up I'll try to do it.

The way things are going, if I am lucky- 2014.

It should be plug n play, connect the card reader to your new computer in the slot, and a screen will pop open, your pics are right there. Once you get that, you can create a free account on http://www.photobucket.com easy to use. Just PM me if you need any help.

N

neapolitan

I have a 2006 3500 the biggest one they make that has a 5 cyl. diesel. And I have a 2007 2500 smaller in height and length one with a 6 cyl. diesel. I really like my vans I would do it over again if I had to. The 2006 gets better mpg. but the 2007 drives better. Oil changes every 10 thousand miles is what the factory wants the 2006 is about $130 and the 2007 is $160 for the oil change. I do the fuel filter myself every 20 thousand miles about $50. That is all I have done besides brakes and tires. The sprinters are alot of money but you get what you pay for. As far as pay load I think the 2007 2500 will hold 3700 pounds. They both have power windows power locks keyless entry and the 2007 has sliding doors on both sides. If you are going to keep a van for at least 140 thousand miles the sprinter makes alot of sense. shiteatinggrin

Jay D

Name
Jay D
They are nice but are 4" narrower on the inside than my old ford. At least thats what I saw when I measured a sprinter. Not that thats a big deal. :roll:

Jim Bethel said:
danielc said:
So which is better a truck like Harpers or the Sprinter?

Why not get the best of both worlds. Cab Chassis Sprinter with custom box.

DSC04372.jpg

DSC044055.jpg

That little Mercedes emblem probably just pushed that truck out of my price range.

It looks nice though for sure.

I wouldn't mind having a truck with sides that raised up.

I have seen a picture somewhere of one.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom