Sqft estimate for a gal. of encap concentrate

Name
Jeff T
I'm doing a fairly large encap job tomorrow ( 17,560 sqft). I went and had a look at it today, and it looks clean. I know there are variables, but on CLEAN commercial olefin, what can I reasonably expect to get from a gal of Releasit DS2?
Jeff @ SCC

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Be sure to wet your pads with solution when you first start out. They need the lubrication, not dry.

Also anytime you stop, even for just a second, flip the head up and shut off the flow valve.

Clean in a down & back pattern not like a rotary. More like mowing the lawn. Triggering down solution and coming back scrubbing only. Then repeat.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Normally with a Cimex and Encap-Clean DS2, you can average about 300 sq ft per gallon of RTU. At 32:1 you'll have 33 gallons of usable solution. Cleaning at 300 sq ft per gal RTU you'll yield roughly 9,900 sq ft per gallon of concentrate. So at that rate, 2 gallons of concentrate should take care of your job.

For round numbers you can plan on cleaning about 10K per gal of DS2, or 40K per case. Be careful not to over-wet the carpet. More is not better with encap.

Name
Jeff T
Normally with a Cimex and Encap-Clean DS2, you can average about 300 sq ft per gallon of RTU. At 32:1 you'll have 33 gallons of usable solution. Cleaning at 300 sq ft per gal RTU you'll yield roughly 9,900 sq ft per gallon of concentrate. So at that rate, 2 gallons of concentrate should take care of your job.

For round numbers you can plan on cleaning about 10K per gal of DS2, or 40K per case. Be careful not to over-wet the carpet. More is not better with encap.
Now that’s the answer I was looking for. Count on approx. 10k for every gal. What if it’s really dirty/stained? Between 7500-10k? Guess the 2 cases I bought today are a little much..... oh well, can add it to the pallet of chems I just received. Stocked up for the next 6-8 months I guess....

Reactions: encapman

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Cost-effective and profitable! Those 2 cases will beat the most brilliant Wall Street broker, hands down. Your $300 worth of product can clean 80,000 sq ft of carpet. If you were to charge .15 per sq ft you'll generate $12,000. Not a bad ROI! :winky:

P.S. Thank you for your purchase! :)

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Jeff T
Cost-effective and profitable! Those 2 cases will beat the most brilliant Wall Street broker, hands down. Your $300 worth of product can clean 80,000 sq ft of carpet. If you were to charge .15 per sq ft you'll generate $12,000. Not a bad ROI! :winky:

I managed to squeeze .20c a sqft out of them.... it was short notice, and I’m working on stat holiday( 11/11).... they agreed.... Cimex and 17” Brushpro.....

Reactions: encapman
Name
Jeff T

Just out of curiosity, who’s your Canadian distributor? @encapman

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
You can buy encap that does just the same for just under $12 per gallon at just under $48 a case with dilution rate of 6 oz\gallon

Some of you guys are being taken to the cleaners. No pun intended.

Reactions: Jimmy L

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
DS2 has an end use cost of 3/10ths of a cent per sq ft. It's hard to find fault with that math. Try a free sample of Releasit. www.TryEncap.com Compare it to the bargain encap, or to a more premium encap. Customers often tell us they've tried other encap products but prefer Releasit. You may end up like them too. :)

einstein-releasit-make-money-cleaning-carpet.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: icleancarpetz
Name
Jeff T
You can buy encap that does just the same for just under $12 per gallon at just under $48 a case with dilution rate of 6 oz\gallon

Some of you guys are being taken to the cleaners. No pun intended.
Nothing in this industry costs 12$ a gallon. Maybe in the US....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Stick with the name brands. Maybe the $12.00 stuff can do the same stuff but why take that risk.

It might take months to figure it out, at your clients expense. Maybe if that's all you can afford. However if you can afford better, just factor it into your cost of goods.

Name
Jeff T
Stick with the name brands. Maybe the $12.00 stuff can do the same stuff but why take that risk.

It might take months to figure it out, at your clients expense. Maybe if that's all you can afford. However if you can afford better, just factor it into your cost of goods.
Interesting point. I used Procyon on one job, and it’s the only VLM job I’ve done so far that I got a call back....

Reactions: BIG WOOD

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson

If you say so. My experience says its just the same with same and even better results with a wider range of use.

But go ahead stick to what works for you. Me, i get the same results and save Benjamin Franklin in my pocket.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Newman

Name
Chris Newman

Damn, I am a heavy user, I need an intervention!

I assume this formula is for cleaning 300 F2 of already clean carpet without any soil, spots, or stains in it whatsoever?

Does the formula hold true if the carpet was actually walked on, and maybe even neglected by the Facilities Manager? I know, rare situation.

Will you get the light foam at a walking pace as applying at this ratio?

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Damn, I am a heavy user, I need an intervention!

I assume this formula is for cleaning 300 F2 of already clean carpet without any soil, spots, or stains in it whatsoever?

Does the formula hold true if the carpet was actually walked on, and maybe even neglected by the Facilities Manager? I know, rare situation.

Will you get the light foam at a walking pace as applying at this ratio?

Make a quick wet-pass followed by a slower mostly dry-pass. You can tap the trigger occasionally on the dry pass. You just want the see a very slight even whitening on the dry-pass. You shouldn’t see any whitening on the initial wet-pass.

If the carpet is more heavily soiled, make an extra dry-pass or two. Making additional dry-passes increases the agitation. You shouldn’t need to add more than a touch of additional detergent as you make your extra dry-passes. With encap, more is not better. Less is best. Even on filthy carpet. Additional agitation will produce better results than adding extra solution/wetness to the carpet.

Another technique is to apply Encap-Punch as a pre-spray to the heavily soiled sections. It loosens the soil and encapsulates the soil. It’s fully compatible with our encap polymer, and works in tandem with DS2.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Now that’s the answer I was looking for. Count on approx. 10k for every gal. What if it’s really dirty/stained? Between 7500-10k? Guess the 2 cases I bought today are a little much..... oh well, can add it to the pallet of chems I just received. Stocked up for the next 6-8 months I guess....
. Can’t have too much chems

Name
Jeff T
Well, job done, it took me and a helper 6 3/4 hrs. I learned a few things today. 1- Encaping is EASY money. 2- using a CRB is NOT the way to encap. 3- I LOVE how quiet it is. 4- I REALLY LOVE not having to deal with hoses. 5- This opens the door to a whole world of possibilities....
Jeff @ SCC

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom