Square for iPhone (blah, and iPad...)

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
anyone here beta-testing Square for iPhone to run credit cards?

irritating that they let iPad get it before iPhone...

but are any iPad users here using Square?

i can't wait to use it w/ iPhone in the next month or so.

no fee's of any kind, the company just takes < 3%. so i can just raise my price ahead of time to work that in, right?

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
the beta is obviously free. i ASSUME the final version will be free as well.

they are making it for the Droid and another phone or 2.

i heard about it here on MB 1st.

https://squareup.com/

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
My local best buy says the 3G Ipad is going to be released the 1st week of May. My clients won't allow me to log into their wifi if i have the Ipad in their home. So i have to wait.

Is the Square only available with Apple products?

-JB-

Name
JB
great more technology to invade our lives and destroy our anonymity.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
LOL JB :p

Bill, it will be available with the Droid and some other phones according to what their site said a few weeks ago.

Ron, i dont know much more, but i signed up for their beta program months ago....still waiting. do a search for: "square" on these forums and look for the original thread on it.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Jim Nazarian said:
I wouldn't be surprised if they held funds longer then other services before its deposited into pour bank accounts, I hope there isn't a low $ limit on each transaction.

That's what I was thinking too.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
How long does it take to get my money?

Once your balance exceeds $10, it can take up to 3-4 days depending on your bank, to receive your funds into your personal/business bank account.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Jim Nazarian said:
How long does it take to get my money?

Once your balance exceeds $10, it can take up to 3-4 days depending on your bank, to receive your funds into your personal/business bank account.

I saw that as well.

So there is no credit check or limits as far as the amounts we can charge on the accounts?

Sounds better than Propay.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
What is my charge limit?

We don’t set a predetermined limit, but rather evaluate each transaction individually. To maximize your ability to accept payments with Square you should:

Tell us about yourself - Supply us as much information as you feel comfortable sharing. Each piece of information helps us know you as a customer. Since you will probably never visit us in person, you share this information over our website. Photos, addresses, social networks and other personal information can help. Visit your settings page to update your account.

Tell us what you sell - The credit card associations and banks specifically forbid certain items from being sold using their payment networks. Tell us about your wares – we’ll even include a link to your website on the receipt we send your customers.

Transact frequently - Take payments regularly and demonstrate what your business patterns look like. These patterns of behavior help us differentiate our real customers from the fraudulent customers.

Pay your bills - If you receive a chargeback or process a refund that results in a negative balance, pay your bill immediately.

Looks like you wont know your limit initially, everything looks enticing but if limits are too low then that could be a deal breaker.

Grant D

That stuff looks pretty cool...

One question for the techies guys. I use an online service to process credit cards (paypal, and yes I know it's a rip-off). Do you think I could use this to process cards from an i-phone? i-pad? android? If so that's that's the ticket for me, seems like it should work since it's just a website.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
I bought my wife an iphone about a year ago. I did a bunch of research and thought maybe this would work for me too. Last weekend I went out and bought myself and Iphone. I like the internet viewing better on the iphone than on my Blackberry, but the iphone just ended up having too many limitations. I was back in the ATT store reactivating my Blackberry by Monday morning. I was really frustrated using the iphone. The text was too small in my appointment windows, small text in other apps (an no found app to correct this), many other limitations that just didn't make it a user friendly phone for me.
Also, I was dissapointed that certain email files could not be opened on the iphone. Typing on the iphone is really slow compared to the qwerty keyboard. I have 2 phones with me now and I will have the worse time being switched from a Blackberry.

I take credit card payments on my Blackberry from www.trygopayment.com I get a better rate with the Blackberry being able to swipe the card with the small bluetooth reader. You can manually enter the card as well (this can be done on the Blackberry and the iphone) but the rate is higher. Payments have been in my account within 2 business days typically. Very low rates and low fees. I was going to look into the square for the iphone, but at this time, I am sticking with the intuit go payment and blackberry.

Mark Saiger

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
There is a zoom feature that can be turned on for the iPhone. A 3 finger tap will zoom in and it can be dragged around. Another tap zooms out.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
I just signed up for my Droid Incedible, process fast & easy, so I guess I will wait for the card reader to be shipped...

Only negative so far is they started me off with a $100 limit per transaction & $700.00 weekly limit, I submitted a request to increase the limits.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Jim,

I thought i signed up for this months ago, how do you go about finding out if / when they are shipping your dongle?

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Limit is an issue, they wont raise your limit until you have some history with them & then they would reevaluate your account, I wont have any history with $100 limit :evil:

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Everyone is complaining about the low limit, here is the reply they are sending out to all that have requested an increase

Welcome to Square! Once you receive your Square card reader you’ll be able to accept card payments with the initial limits displayed above. We’re currently expanding our underwriting infrastructure in order to increase these limits. Within the next few weeks, we'll reevaluate these limits to reflect your history of successful card payments.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
My reader is finally shipped.

Looks like the figured out the low limit issue, here are the new terms...

Accept any amount. Immediate deposit.

Jynn Louie Jul 22
We have some exciting updates to Square we’d like to share.

Accept any amount.
Square now enables you to accept card payments for any amount.

Immediate deposit.
Each payment you accept increases your Square balance. Each day Square will deposit to your bank account.

Increase your immediate deposit.
For new Square users, we immediately deposit up to $1000 per week from the payments you accept. We will deposit the remainder in 30 days automatically. Your immediately deposited amount increases as we get to know you.

We’re excited about this change and encourage you to leave feedback on this forum topic. Rolling this out is a major step towards activating card processing for everyone and shipping readers to the users who have been patiently waiting. With your feedback we can refine Square and make card processing available to everyone.

Billy

Name
BH
Jim Nazarian said:
My reader is finally shipped.

Looks like the figured out the low limit issue, here are the new terms...

WOW rather than be limited & wait for my money for 30 days I will stick with my current merchant servicer who funds my money usually within 48 hrs & has me setup for a $25,000.00 limit which I have never reached :lol:

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
tx for sharing Jim.

please lemme know how you like it!

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
30 days is a long time if you rely on quick payments, for instance that wouldnt work too well for water losses if you take a deposit, job gets done in less than a week but squares pays u in 30 days, client can cancel CC before that.

Jim Nazarian

Name
Jim Nazarian
Got my square.

First thing you have to do is verify your bank account...they make a small deposit in your bank account & then you enter that amount on the web site to verify.

Next you make $1 credit card transaction to yourself & your done.

I haven't used it in the field yet but so far it looks good for the occasional credit card transaction.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom