Srange E-mail I received. How should I reply?

Mike Draper

We are willing to give you a try. We have 2 and1/2 rooms + stairs with a very light Berber type carpet that is interspersed among wood floors. We want as little traffic as possible going over the wood floors.

Get back to me if you are interested.

Thanks

Sally

PS... at this point my only concern is at least one of those who has recommended your service...I will not say who

To me it seems like maybe another carpet cleaner is trying to play a trick on me with an extremely picky client. what do you guys think?

C

cucu

Re: Srange E-mail I received. Hiow should I reply?

sounds like a pain in the ass job . unless you need the money ,id pass on it.. but thats just me

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy

At worst you reply and set an appointment to look over the areas to be cleaned....

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo

Charge a little extra, lay some tarps down and make the picky lady happy.

Albert

boazcan

Name
Bryan C

price it till you really like it, or pass. You give her a good price or discount and you will be back three times.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

PS... at this point my only concern is at least one of those who has recommended your service...I will not say who
I don't get what she is alluding to?

I would look at it and price it to allow for the extra time is will take to cover the floors. If after you meet her you can tell she is going to be a pain to deal with, price it even higher or just walk away.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin

some people don't communicate very well.... I would go look at the job and meet the lady. If it doesn't feel right to you, then pass.

K

Kabluey

It is a weird email and maybe legit. I get jobs that I sometimes think they are a compititor, but it turns out to be a legit job. Use drop cloths and charge her what you feel is good for your time not hers.

Mike Draper

I corresponded back and forth a couple of times on email. She is not the type of customer I want to be doing business with.

Name
Lee Stockwell

It should be your practice to always protect wood and other surfaces anyway.

Just book it, and after you've nearly finished (and hopefully dazzled her) gently tell her you "solicit complaints" and guarantee your workmanship. Ask her to relay your THANK YOU to the people who referred you. At that point ASK if she knows of a complaint from any of them.

If there is a complaint, FIX it without implicating her as "the snitch"...lol

Thanks,
Lee and google

Ryan

One thing I've learned in my few short years in this business...

If you find a super picky hard to please custy that on one else wants.. and actually please her that will be one of your best sources for referrals.

Name
Lee Stockwell

Ryan is absolutely right. Often I've heard "if you can please HER you can please anyone."

Name
Bruce

Mike Draper said:
I corresponded back and forth a couple of times on email. She is not the type of customer I want to be doing business with.
Please elaborate

Alexarz

She sounds like a mental case. I would ban her immediately before you end up with a nightmare. Don't even consider doing the job. Let some desperate fool work for her.

KevinD

Name
Kevin Dumas

I have a customer that is very protective of her SOFT wood floors.
You had to cross the wood floors to get to the carpet.
She told me she tried many times to get someone who would honor her request to protect the floors and not walk on them with shoes.
She was amazed when I told her not a problem. Covered the floors, took my shoes off, walked across the floor to the carpet and put my shoes back on.

Dolly

No way would I pass this up....I would call see her , find out the particulars. Be prepared to do the job and price it right
You will never know how many people she may refer. It might also be a set up...but non the less, I would follow up on it.

Mike Draper

lets just put it this way, I don't care about 2 rooms and a hallway. You right, she may have been a referral machine. It came down to people in my family she doesn't like. There are more fish in the sea.

Name
Jesse

I've had many customers unhappy with a particular infamous family member. They simply aren't worth working for if their always going to see you as connected with someone they dislike. If you don't need their money, let them keep it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom