SS 370

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
ditched my 50' of 2.5" vac hose. Not nearly enough performance at 150' over just starting and ending with 2" all the way to my tools; rotary(TrexJr) 12&14" wands and zero performance on my upholstery(duh) and Turbo for tile. Lots of water laying in the 2.5, perhaps a bigger blower/velocity would move it out. Dreaded pulling off the 2.5 each time, that thing is a beast.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Very interesting why do you think water was left in hose?

Also what is the blower size on the 370? My PC has #4, I think they go by different numbers now but is it about the same?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I may go 1.5 all the way.

:oldrolleyes: lol....

Lots of water laying in the 2.5, perhaps a bigger blower/velocity would move it out. Dreaded pulling off the 2.5 each time, that thing is a beast.

I also have a 370, I might have a cup of water in the hose(2.5) when done. Leave the hose on for a few extra seconds to empty? Are the cuffs good? Any big leaks? Filter baskt full?

Is your 2.5 first on the reel or first off? First off(last on) is much easier to handle.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
True story, one of my customers that has a bunch of rentals, at one time use to have a very large restoration company here in town. He closed down his biz but still had one of his box trucks, he was using it to clean the rentals, I did a cleaning for a move out and he was really impressed...thats how I got his biz.

Anyway he asked me to do a cfm test on his rig, so while I was cleaning they brought truck over and set up like they were going to do a job.....I walked out with my cfm meter and couldn't belive my eyes a 150' of 1.5 HOSE!!! NO 2" EVEN ON THE REEL!!!
His cfm test was 105 cfm @ 150' 120 cfm @ 100'

I went home and I hooked 100' of 2" to my shop vac and I had more cfm than his BIG BOX TRUCK made me laugh and realize how crappy some work must turn out!!!

This was the rig well one like it
Steamway%20Powermatic.jpg

Last edited:

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
There is another restoration co here in town BIG BIG company, I heard through the grape vine they were bragging about there new setup Van and TM can't recall price, but they also used all 1.5 hose no 2.0" on the truck....crazy

I heard this from a Devastator customer of mine that saw there new set up at a local home and garden show, they had new Van on display at the show.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
There is another restoration co here in town BIG BIG company, I heard through the grape vine they were bragging about there new setup Van and TM can't recall price, but they also used all 1.5 hose no 2.0" on the truck....crazy
Insanity. I've never heard of such lunacy. Amazing!!! :eekk:

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
The funny thing is I am pretty sure there are many out there cleaning carpet everyday with 1.5 hose, portys in the back of a van or truck.....ETM. They are possibly working everyday and making money, even maybe doing it this way for years. I don't mean to sound coo-coo but I do think we can get overboard on how technical this job is.
I am not saying we are not doing a better job, and I do think that on high end furniture, stone, and even some carpet, you better know what the hell you are doing, but for the average joe carpet, massive TM's, 2.5, 4 2 door, hsk, 18 flow, all these things are kinda just for our own gadget warped minds and we just can't help ourselves.
I remember when I first started I had chems coming out of every window of my van, I have done about every hose set up possible even went as far as running 4 2 wand....yeah Y stuck right on the end of my PC Quad. Even built the VW TM.....I AM A JUNKIE, but it has also helped me in understanding some things.

This goes back to my days when Joe B and I were on better terms.....This is how I got my Nickname "Lumberjack". You need to understand I had just come from owning a Drywall Constuction Co.... Carpet cleaning was childs play to me back then.
003-1.jpg

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Now I am just your typical middle aged, overweight, bald carpet cleaner....

But I don't take any meds yet

Reactions: Desk Jockey

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
There are nerds in every business. They spend countless hours worrying about about every decision. These boards also cause some to buy and do things they other wise wouldn't. doing a good job in this industry isn't rocket science, although there is some chemistry involved. I'm always amazed at some of the videos guys post bragging. They are making a mess and don't even realize.

Spurlington

Name
Spurlino
Imagine going from the blower to the wand with a filter in between then have the blower exhaust go into a collection tank with a pump out !! Kinda like a trash pump !! And then make the blower lobes out of stainless steel to prevent rusting. I think youd have all the suction youd need unless the volume of water going through the blower will reduce cfms .. never mind .. its late !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom