SS blower filter

FastEddie

Would you think the blower filter causes a substantial reduction in air flow? Do you really need one if you run in-line pool filters?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
If your blower filter has a big enough hole, ie for air flow, it shouldn't impair much air flow. Mines a 3 inch. No restriction at all.

If I didn't filter before the tank, all that crap would get in the tank and then on the blower filter, some of it would get through and into the blower. By filtering before the blower filter, the blower filter never gets dirty and NOTHING gets to the blower.

R

R W

Yes & yes.....my Genesis came equipt with 2- 2 1/2 " filters, about 8 inches long. I did a little cutting near the blower filter inlets, and increased the length of the filters to 12 inch. I also use ladies nylons over the filters.....easier to clean. The inline filters just let too much of the small stuff by, and that's what will cause the problems over time.

T

The Magician

I wouldn't risk running without the SS blower filters trying to get a little faster dry times. kinda like the old drag racing days. Get rid of the air filter to gain a few more hp.
Good Idea Robert, bigger filter good protection and more air flow.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
The blower, "barrell filter", in itself, does not introduce noticeable resistance... if it's sized properly. (In other words, if it has a 2" pipe thread for a #33 blower, a 2.5" pipe size for a #36 or #45, a 3" for a #47, etc...).

Where resistance comes in, is if the filter isn't kept clean.

So, the question you asked, you, yourself have and control the answer to...

Assuming that it's sized properly, are you keeping it clean...?

Jay D

Name
Jay D
This may have no bearing but it is a observation. I have had a fine mesh blower filter for 4 years on my EZ3047 and have allways been happy with my vacuum. Well I built another truckmount and put the fine mesh one on that one to sell. Anyway I went to Larry Cobb's carpet supply and bought a new filter to put on my main machine to replace fine mesh one that was on there. This one is not near as fine but would stop anything from getting into the blower. MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE. The vacuum now screams with my 2" wand. If you have a fine mesh filter yank that puppy out and put one of larrys ez flow filters in. I DO NOT RUN A POOL FILTER THINGY. SO oTHER then running a 2.5 inch hose I am probably maxxed out for performance. The next thing is to put a less restrictive silencer on instead of the 2.5" I currently have. I say run a proper in tank filter and DUMP the pool filter.

charlie brown

Filters

I ran no blower filters for years. There are problems. Last year I had John build me a S.S. filter box that was mounted on top of the waste tank. I use 3, 3inch by 12 inch filters. No more problems. Atomized grease will build up in the blower allowing dog hair to collect. Now it collects on the filters not in the blower, easy to wash off. CB

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jay;

I'm impressed that you noticed.

The SS filter you got has a higher percentage of open area, compared to the finer mesh.

Less air flow restriction.

An added bonus is the fact that they are easier to clean.

Larry

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Duane,

It was just like larrys but much finer mesh and a male thread coming out of it. The one I got from larry was a female thread. It is on his website. I believe it is just like cars, reduce your restrictions and increase your HP/Airflow. The only bad thing is the stoddard I have is 2.5 inch and it is fairly quiet considering I am running it at 3600rpms under load. If I add a 3" muffler/silencer to a 47 blower it won't be as quiet. A Muffler works fine on a blower up to a 45 at a moderate rpm level. The higher the RPM the louder the blower. I have a 36 hooked to a Single muffler and it is quiet enough at 3600rpms.

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
So, you don't know if it's a 3" pipe thread size on the filter...? My guess is that if Nick didn't plumb a #47 blower output at 3", he did the same on the filter.

BTW... You can take 2 of those Stoddard D33-2 silencers (2 at 2" in and out, actually), connect them in parallel, and get a super- quiet result.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
3" filter and input in the tank/blower and 2.5" out into the stoddard. 4 years ago I knew no difference. To be quite honest it performed great compared to my ole steamway mastermatic. Right now it screams thru my 2"amp wand. I will modify the exhaust output when time and money allow.

FastEddie

Duane Oxley said:
BTW... You can take 2 of those Stoddard D33-2 silencers (2 at 2" in and out, actually), connect them in parallel, and get a super- quiet result.

I have that exact set-up and with the blower screaming at 3900 rpms, its very, very quiet.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom