stain from candle smoke?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I am cleaning a friends house on Sunday. One of her concerns is a black stain that goes all the way around her room by the base boards. I have been told it came from a candle that was was being burned that put of black smoke. I got some of it out using soil filtration remover however it was very hard. Is there somthing that can be used on this? what is the nature of the stain ? could the candle possibly been petro based?

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
strong degreasers , agitation, and possibly "hands and knees" detail work with a hand tool

depending how severe, how old and what type carpet, you may or may not be able to remove 100%

Look at the point of ceiling and walls.
If it's soot from burning candles for years, there will be plenty soot there too

you might try a bar Fels Naptha soap as well

..L.T.A.

G

I use a crevice tool with internal sprayer, secret sauce removes most of it; but I had real good luck in the past with Plain old oxyclean in a pump sprayer then crevice tool and plain water rinse.

captaincarpet

Name
Thomas Cermak
We have achieved excellent results using the following mixture:
Prochem Powerburst(1 scoop per gallon) prespray boosted with Hydramaster Grease Breaker (2 oz. per gallon), and sodium percarbonate (boost all or energizer 1/2 scoop per gallon).
We apply directly to affected area with pump up sprayer, then agitate with handi groomer, then clean using upholstery tool. Then you prespray room normally and clean. We charge $1.00-1.50 per linear ft. for this process in addition to the normal room cleaning cost.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Since you are doing this on Sunday, you probably need to tell us what you have on hand, and let the smart ones like Cermak tell you what to do with it.

If you had time for an overnight shipment, I'd strongly suggest you get some Spot-N-Boost from VacAway. That stuff is amazing on filtration soil.

Back
Top Bottom