Stain Magic or Stainzone?

galaxytodd

Name
Todd E
Which do you prefer for nasty mustard,etc stains?
I know this topic was up before but trying get more input/ideas on it.
I tried StainZone on mustard and didnt work.
I returned the StainZone but Guy at local distributor told me your supposed use Avenge Pro on it first,then Stainzone and UV Light.
Not sure what to get,hate returning stuff!
Or anything else that works better.
Thanx for help!

CrazyRay

Name
Ray Waits
How much is the customer willing to pay? A stain that takes that much effort, with so many steps should be very expensive. Add to that the low success rate, no matter whose stuff you use, is it worth the time? Patch it.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Both Stain Magic and StainZONE and great products for many kinds of stains. Mustard is just an especially difficult stain. If the carpet has been kept protected, it will usually come out. If they nave neglected the carpet and don't apply protector when they should have, then it may not come out. That is a good time to explain the value of protector.

1. Scrape, blot, vacuum or whatever you can do to remove any mustard before you get it wet.
2. OPTIONAL - Apply Avenge Pro and work it into the stain until it causes some foam. Wipe away the foam with yellow color. Repeat as long as color is coming out with the foam.
3. Apply StainZONE generously. Allow some dwell time. As long as practical. Maybe you can do do something else for a while.
4. Rinse with hot water. May several dry passes so the carpet is nearly dry.
5. If stain remains, saturate with StainZONE. Apply UV light. 255 nm works best, but anything in the range of 240 to 395 will be helpful. I usually turn my UV flashlight beam down on the spot and leave it for 5 or 10 minutes. You can also use the DCI light from CTI. This covers a wider area than a flashlight, but is somewhat slower.
6. If the stain remains, keep the stain wet with StainZONE for 8 to 12 hours. The stain will eventually be gone. The StainZONE will completely evaporate leaving no residue. No need for a return trip to rinse it out. If you think it will evaporate before 8 hours, cover with clear plastic to slow evaporation.

galaxytodd

Name
Todd E
Wow,thats great info,thanx alot Scott.
Maybe Ill give Stainzone another chance along with the Avenge Pro.

CrazyRay

Name
Ray Waits
Yeah Todd a little training and a lot of practice is what it takes to do good carpet patches and repairs. If you do try to remove the stain as described, please post back and let us know how it goes. Keep track of your time spent and look at the final result. Does the appearance of the stained area look good enough for the time (and materials) spent? More importantly, if you charge accordingly, is the customer happy with the end result for what he spent? Remember, what you are looking for is not just a solution, but a practical solution. I hope it works out for you. I will be really impressed if it does. But... good luck with it.

Reactions: ruff
J

jennydaniels

Thank you Scott W.

Galaxytodd,
Additionally we can search free cleaning tips for Pet stain on Google.com. And it will work.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Do you have a iphone or droid? Download the CTI Stain app. Search CTI or pros choice. Best app for stain removal no matter what products you use. Easy to cross reference with what you have on the truck

Reactions: Johnny

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom