Stain Magic

After looking at the ingredients of stain magic, can I get similar results mixing ammonia and peroxide together?

Ammonia by its self works well on kool aid. I never had much luck with stain magic.And i wouldnt mess with mixing house hold items.Peroxide will bleach out brown carpet whene it comes in contant with hot water from your wand. And that could be expensive.

Walt

Others will disagree but straight 40 vol peroxide works just as well. Spray in on the spot and rub it in gently with a bar of Fels Naptha - agitation and penetrating agent all in one.

As far as bleaching goes. Anytime you use an strong oxidizer (like stain magic) you run the risk of bleaching the carpet. As a professional you need to learn when it is safe and when it isn't. And who to call if you blow it. :)

klewis4

I've had some good results with Stain Magic. But, I use it rarely. It's never the first thing we try. Usually another spotter will achieve the desired result. Two other Pro's Choice products are very effective for tougher stains....Pro Solve Gel and Power Gel (I think those are the names).

If you are going to use Stain Magic (or some other bleach like peroxide), always let it be the customer's decision whether to procede after you've explained that there is some risk.

G

Walt said:
Others will disagree but straight 40 vol peroxide works just as well. Spray in on the spot and rub it in gently with a bar of Fels Naptha - agitation and penetrating agent all in one.

As far as bleaching goes. Anytime you use an strong oxidizer (like stain magic) you run the risk of bleaching the carpet. As a professional you need to learn when it is safe and when it isn't. And who to call if you blow it. :)
The only problem I have with this is the peroxide does not need rinsed,but if you add fels to it you have to, unless you mean beforehand. Ammonia is just to speed up the reaction.

Ok. Red One etc products are basically just ammonia based products. Stain magic is hydrogen peroxide and ammonia. You mix the two together to speed up the chemical reaction. I guess I will just have to experiment on some scrap carpet. No sense in paying 30 dollars for ammonia and peroxide. As far as peroxide bleaching the carpet when hot water is intoduced, that is not straight peroxide but benzoyl peroxide. There is a difference.

Walt

Kevin P said:
Walt said:

The only problem I have with this is the peroxide does not need rinsed,but if you add fels to it you have to, unless you mean beforehand. Ammonia is just to speed up the reaction.

I rarely leave peroxide unattended. So, yes it was intended to be rinsed out before I left. If that doesn't take care of it then I might hit it again with peroxide and cover (of course with their prior blessing)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom