Stain removal on Marble

SuperDave212

Name
David
Working on a new 6o meter yacht and they are getting this green staining in various places, tried Alpha RSR-2000 which reacted and turned purple but didn't lighten staining....left 40 clear and a poultice overnight, nada:(....any suggestions before they tear it out and replace...thanks

Attachments

• head floor my way pdf.pdf
    11.9 MB · Views: 285
  • head floor my way 1 pdf.pdf
    11.5 MB · Views: 238
  • head floor my way 2 pdf.pdf
    13.9 MB · Views: 239
  • Wow
Reactions: Hack Attack

FredC

Village Idiot
jpegs
marble 1.jpgmarble2.jpgmarble 3.jpg

SuperDave212

Name
David
there's a marble green bloom glue stainer remover I'm going to try, says could be caused by adhesive....alpha stain remover did react like it was rust but didn't lighten it at all...

Reactions: Kenny Hayes

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
Could it be plant water at some time. Keep posting, cause I have quite a bit of marble in my churches, and am curious.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
I removed a bunch of green from limestone with F9. It was from copper. I also have metal can of green stain remover, you have to use a respirator to use it it smells so bad.

My guess if it coming from underneath it is terminal. Even if you get ti out, likely to come back

Reactions: Mikey P

srosen

Name
stuart rosen
These type of stains are a real problem to remove. If RSR is reacting it is most likely an oxidation. What's under the floor which is probably impossible to find out. Could have to do with copper piping under the floor. We have been successful using phosphoric dilutions to digest the oxidation-not sure it will work here.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom