stain zone review..wow

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i always have a spray bottle in the trucks at all times but dont use it much.
we always have great success with most spots but get stumped at times.
the one that got me was a marker that a dog chewed up, it was blue and orange
and on berber and to add to the problem the customer jumped on the internet and
went to town..stacked every combo of chems she could get her hands on and mixed
a few up her self.
it was a mess, huge spots the size of baseballs in 5 spots in the middle of the family room.
after rinsing all the crap she put in i went to town with my own list of tricks..nothing budged
or even lightened up.
after we were done i said i wanted to do a side by side last resort spray and leave.
i made a new batch of stain magic and sprayed one spot then covered it..i grabbed a 1 year
or more bottle of stain zone and sprayed the other.
i toled the cust that it may take 24 hrs that i would be back the next day..well 5 hrs later
she calls and said the one spot was gone and had no trace at all but the other had not changed one
single bit..lucky me i marked the spots with what i used went back and hit them all with the old bottle
of stain zone..4 hrs later i was a hero.
i now keep 2 bottles of stain zone on each truck and when we do get stumped it gets hosed down.
very happy and am glad i had it on the truck.
dave

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Stainzone is a good product...but be advised, Dave...Stainzone CAN bleach some carpets.

I "know" this for a FACT

..L.T.A.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I believe StainZones main component is peroxide, I'm sure Shawn or Scott will correct me if I'm wrong.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
davegill said:
hhhmmm that i didnt know..can you fill us in on your
experience please, i would rather not do that.
thanks

as 'Dink mentioned, it's mostly peroxide at strong dilute .
with any strong dilute peroxide there is a risk of bleaching.

the one particular carpet I bleached was a nylon berber

..L.T.A.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Tanks for the great report.

StainZONE does contain peroxide as one of the key ingredients. It is an oxidizer. Any oxidizer may bleach out a carpet. StainZONE or the competing products or a home brewed version.

We did test StainZONE on dozens of new carpet samples and a few dozoen older carpets. I only recall that had visible bleaching effect. It was an older carpet that had been in a sunny room for several years.

Bleaching is not common, but you shoudl watch for it.

The ingredinets in StainZONE will evaporate. So it is not always necessary to rinse it out. When it has compeltley dried there is nothing left to rinse. However, if the stain is gone and you are still on sight, rinsing is good assurance that it will not continue working and lighten the carpet if you were worried about that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom