Stains from OJ

glenboy

Name
GLEN
My job yesturday was a family room.nice flat nylon carpet...and upon inspection the customer points to several spots and identifies them as OJ spills from kiddie cups...now this is the first time ive been called back in quite some time.especially for orange juice....so I am wondering is this something I can do to help my customer.I believe they are acidic stains...HELP

Pat Muller

Name
Pat Muller
Did the stain reappear?
If so these may have gone all the way to the backing of the carpet, I would use a sub surface extraction tool if they keep coming back

Reactions: J Scott W

doylebloss

Supportive Member
Name
Doyle Bloss
Normally, a liquid that gets its color naturally from the material it is made of (in this case Orange Juice), if it did not come out with a first response spotter like CleanMaster SpotMaster Pro XP, could be removed with a one part oxidizing stain remover like CleanMaster KnockOut 1. However, what we have found is that many foods and drinks have dyes added to them by the manufacturer to make them the color consumers want the product to be (Orange dye added to orange juice to make it "oranger"- black dye added to coffee to make it look richer - purple dye added to grape juice made from non-purple grapes). When your oxidizing stain remover is not working on stains like this, switch to your Reducing Red removing stain remover like CleanMaster RedBreak 1. The "added" color by the manufacturer will respond better to a reducing stain remover than it will an oxidizing stain remover.

Reactions: hogjowl

glenboy

Name
GLEN
So should I be treating these like red stains....I use PC red rescue....and a steam iron

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom