stairs problem?

customer called today, for me to take a look at some stairs he had just recently had cleaned by another company wasn't happy with the results. So, I take a look at them and noticed dark areas found on the nose of the carpet, plush res. carpet -what do you guys recommend to brighten those areas up any suggetions?

hogjowl

Idiot™
Often times it's hopeless. The abrasion that area takes grinds in the soils and distorts the fiber to the point that it never looks clean again. However, you can improve it to the point that it's a noticable improvement often times simply by scrubbing the nose before extraction.

Name
Bruce
What Marty said and I would bet the other guy/company left the nose to wet. I like to take the cuff of the hose and run it along the nose to make sure I get as much moister out as possible. Any pre-spray will work .

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Take the vac hose off and flush the crapout of it with your jets close to the fiber . Take vac hose and vac up the excess water with the open cuff carefully back 3 or 4 inches from the nose and down the riser. This also gives you a chance to vac out the crud in the crotch of the stair VACUUM VERY THOROUGHLY! Extra prespray and agitation will help as well as his porkiness pointed out, BUT FLUSH THE CRAP OUT OF IT.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I scrub the whole stair with a hard bristle brush clean with my 10 inch stait tool and then hit the nose again with the hydromaster drymaster upholstery tool usually takes care of it

R

R W

Willy P said:
Take the vac hose off and flush the crapout of it with your jets close to the fiber . Take vac hose and vac up the excess water with the open cuff carefully back 3 or 4 inches from the nose and down the riser. This also gives you a chance to vac out the crud in the crotch of the stair VACUUM VERY THOROUGHLY! Extra prespray and agitation will help as well as his porkiness pointed out, BUT FLUSH THE CRAP OUT OF IT.

Before you hose down the nose of those stairs without the vac, remember what might be UNDERNEATH Them....like a finished ceiling?? (A little investigating can save you a few bucks in repairs!) I pre-spray and scrub down the nose with my spotter brush before cleaning with the swivel stair tool. I then "cuff" the nosing with vac hose.

matt sheppard

ive started to use H2 orange on grimy stair treads, scrub by hand let dwell, rinse like crazy and even hand dry with towels. did one yesterday and it came out great. the H2 orange is green and peroxide based which gives a little brightening power to dingy areas.

matt

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
DRY Vacuum Thoroughly

There is all kinds of soil in those noses. It wicks when left overwet or it may look black even after HWE. Use the hose cuff of the truck hose and dry scrub/vac with that at the least.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom