stalking the perfect vacuum

Hey. question for you guys. I vacuum every job with an oreck. does a decent job for most residential work but I'm on the hunt for the perfect vacuum. the VORTEX OF VACUUMS.

I HAD a pile lifter for a short time. It made lots of noise but I never saw the bag really fill up. I think, and others have told me this too, it's great for agitation but kinda weak-sauce on sucking.

vac attachments on the end of my lead hose are an idea but how powerful is the beater head, or does it only spin cuz of the t.m's vacuum?

so here's my idea. I'd only use it on potential wick back from hell commercial berber jobs.

what if I took a pile lifter, took that crummy cloth bag off and attached my lead hose straight into the suction hole at the back of the pile lifter?

I'd have the power of the t.m. for sucking, and the power of the huge motor on the pile lifter to beat that fine dust outta the carpet. vacuum the carpet then vacuum the carpet across the grain again, should really remove a lot of potential wick back soil

I may have just created the perfect berber taming beast?

but what say ye?

Visit my blog: “The Carpet Cleaner’s Crocodile,” a collection of wonderful short stories that will make you eternally glad you are you and not me.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Sounds like a plan. Attach some kind of a dust downer water trickle system into the vac hose to protect the blower.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
frankiechocolate said:
what if I took a pile lifter, took that crummy cloth bag off and attached my lead hose straight into the suction hole at the back of the pile lifter?

I've done just that with our Certified pile brush

I'd have the power of the t.m. for sucking, and the power of the huge motor on the pile lifter to beat that fine dust outta the carpet.

sounds good in theory...(that's why I've tried it)
but as a practical matter, it really doesn't vac much more crud out.
We still use it w/TM vac for some jobs...
for instance, we did a job for a guy who bought a new house that the previous owners had dogs and cats.
He's allergic to critter hair/dander, but carpets were other wise in great condition (no urine issues)
the pile brush with TM vac allowed us to vent any dander we dug out to the out side.
We do that same thing with regular upright vacs too when needed, BTW.
Cause the turbo vacs don't don't last very long for us

Buy a Bissel Momentum if you want one of the best vacs for pure vac power

..L.T.A.

bissel tubo. thanks, do they hold up?

my oreck was fine till It someohow got too close to the heat exchanger.

the repair lady should have it patched this week.

f.c.

Visit my blog, "the carpet cleaner's crocodile. It's full of carpet cleaning stories to make you glad you're you and not me.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
frankiechocolate said:
bissel tubo. thanks, do they hold up?

no.
Bissel Momentum, not the Turbo model unless you like cleaning filters all-de-time

how ell they hold up?
depends how many jobs you do a day.
You don't rebuild them when they break though, you pitch the vac and buy a new one

..L.T.A.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
frankiechocolate;

I think most of the people have vac leaks around the heavy object trap;
if they are not filling the bags quickly.

Certified even makes an TM adapter for their Pile Brush.

I have used one both with and without the TM attachment.

Larry

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Larry Cobb said:
frankiechocolate;

I think most of the people have vac leaks around the heavy object trap;
if they are not filling the bags quickly.

Larry

Larry, if you actually CLEANED CARPET for a living for the last 20 years instead of SELLING the stuff for a living, you might know just how wrong you often are...

"heavy object" trap??
can you tell me why there's a SAND TRAP on them?

I don't need a SAND TRAP on my upright vacs...what's up-wit-at?

..L.T.A.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
why have the truck running to vac the carpet? waste of fuel.

I haven't seen the perfect vacuum yet. The Cleartrak is good, but needs some tweaking
The Bissel and Dyson work well too, but need to be something you can fix rather than just throw away or need a engineering degree to get to a filter.

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Spanky said:
Larry Cobb said:
frankiechocolate;

"heavy object" trap??

..L.T.A.

Larry do a few "builders cleans" and you will find out why they have them. Heavy objects like bits of gib, clouts and nails end up in the trap instead of going through into the vac unit.

roro

Mikey P

Administrator
Pile lifting is one thing but nothing pulls up fine silt like a POS Bissell.

and trust me they are pieces of shit.

You'll have a hard time getting one to last 4 months if you vacuum 15 homes a week.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Your pile lifter is mainly for "pile lifting" not to vacuuming. The xvac pile lifter has 2 motors which in turn lifts n vacs at the same time. Keep your pile lifter than vac after with a good vac, don't get the walmart brand, you want to look like a true pro get a Pro Team vac...i've had mine for over a year now no issues...plus it looks PRO...no matter what ppl say about Bissels they just don't make you look like a Pro.

I've had several clients tell me wow I've never seen a vac like that, it's a true commercial high end vac. When i had the Bissels they would say "wow my mother has one of those", the suction is good but it looks cheap.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Spawn said:
Larry, if you actually CLEANED CARPET for a living for the last 20 years instead of SELLING the stuff for a living, you might know just how wrong you often are...

"heavy object" trap??

..L.T.A.

I have cleaned plenty of carpet...
and ALL the commercial carpet we cleaned was first vacced with a well-maintained Pile Brush.

The heavy object trap kept damaging items out of the fan system.

Larry

N

nwhmbiz

Hoover conquest!
A little heavy for some but works fantastic, never thrown a belt and picks up large objects well.

B

Bill G. Martin

If you like a vac with a bag, Big Lots has a Hoover model on sale this week.....new, not reconditioned, that is an Oreck look alike with a 35 foot cord for $109.95

Bill in central Florida

Ron K

Riccar SupraLite Natural Bristle Brushroll. Lifetime belt and BMW lights!

For all us Snobs.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom