Stanley is CRI approved now.....

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
The SOA provider program didn't take off very well (note how few independants are in it).

So they gave Stanley Steemer a "bulk rate discount" to get their individual franchises listed.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Naturally, what else would it be based on if not money, SCIENCE? Puh-leeze.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Jim Pemberton said:
The SOA provider program didn't take off very well (note how few independants are in it).

So they gave Stanley Steemer a "bulk rate discount" to get their individual franchises listed.

I am not sure why. The average homeowner doesn't know any better, but for commercial I market it on every sales call. Matter of fact some specs on large bids require it. The independent guy that banging out 3 or 4 houses a day for average money has no use for it. I just got a call of the website last week.

I do have a little concern that they all got in on the SOA program knowing how they operate.

hogjowl

Idiot™
My friendly church lady "hi how are you this morning" neighbor around the corner was having them clean her house as I walked my dog this morning. I was really surprised at how quiet their direct drive unit was.

Made my Vortex seem like a beast.

The Preacher

admiralclean said:
My friendly church lady "hi how are you this morning" neighbor around the corner was having them clean her house as I walked my dog this morning. I was really surprised at how quiet their direct drive unit was.

Made my Vortex seem like a beast.

what kind of little "rat dog" does yore wife make you walk every morning??? do you carry a trash sack and gloves to pick up the"droppings"???

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers
I don't think Stanley should be listed as an approved service provider, at least not my local one. I actually had them over to my house to clean 3 rooms as part of my pre-business startup research. They did not follow IICRC standards, and they did not follow the procedures CRI listed for them in the Approved Systems Section.

Here is the CRI approved System for Stanley Steemer:

"Stanley Steemer's Truck Mounted Model 5450 with Wand
Stanley Steemer's Truck Mounted Model 5450 with Proprietary Wand and 2 inch hoses pre-vacuum 4 passes; Prespray with Stanley Steemer 2X concentrate 30:1 as an in-tank rinse using 4 wet passes and 2 dry at 1ft/sec."

Well... they did not prevac... they did not prespray....and they did not use that many passes.

So, if they are not even following their own "approved" system... why are they listed as an approved provider?

Name
I'm Rick James
Bogart said:
I don't think Stanley should be listed as an approved service provider, at least not my local one. I actually had them over to my house to clean 3 rooms as part of my pre-business startup research. They did not follow IICRC standards, and they did not follow the procedures CRI listed for them in the Approved Systems Section.

Here is the CRI approved System for Stanley Steemer:

"Stanley Steemer's Truck Mounted Model 5450 with Wand
Stanley Steemer's Truck Mounted Model 5450 with Proprietary Wand and 2 inch hoses pre-vacuum 4 passes; Prespray with Stanley Steemer 2X concentrate 30:1 as an in-tank rinse using 4 wet passes and 2 dry at 1ft/sec."

Well... they did not prevac... they did not prespray....and they did not use that many passes.

So, if they are not even following their own "approved" system... why are they listed as an approved provider?

So did they dump in your yard. SS has a good streamline system but rarely does the tech follow it, hard to when your doing 5-8 jobs a day.

Greenie

wow...they actually list Pre-vac with 4 passes? I've never even heard of a steemer truck having a vacuum on it.

On the pre-spray, am I reading that as 2x concentrate 30:1 or 2X conc. and THEN rinse with a 30:1 mix of the same stuff?

Becker

Name
Becker
I was really surprised at how quiet their direct drive unit was.

SS in your area still runs PTO units?

Wow, must be some old vans, I thought they went with Kubotas a long time ago.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I'm not actually sure of that. I didn't walk up to it. I just assumed it was a direct drive unit because it had a very, VERY, quiet hum to it.

Chris A

Name
Chris
The SS slide-ins in my hood are way loud, so maybe it was a direct drive. Greenie I think their saying that their "pre-spraying" on the upstroke, "rinsing 'with the same crap!'" on the down stroke. 4 wet passes would leave the carpet wet for, oh...nevermind.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom