Stanley Steemer

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Any Stanley Steemers on this board?
I would love to hear how business is going.

Just thought I would ask.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
The Stanley near me is doing good. And I'd hate to admit it, but their trucks are the cleanest I have ever seen, inside and out. Ironically they're right next door to me, literally. I watch them detail out their vans and tools each day like clock work.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hard to say if a they suck or not because there is always someone different doing the job.
That's usually my selling point.
I don't bash them to people...people don't like bashing....but I do say that they usually have an hourly employees (plus commission)who may or may not be there for the career...might be for just a job.

Amazing

I think the owners of SS in Spokane let it go, and now operate as Tedy Fresh.. Just repainting the yellow vans.

Amazing

WhtVanTrans1r1-09.jpg

http://spokane.craigslist.org/hss/1705383232.html

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I'm sure they are doing fine, but I get a couple dozen of their customers every week. Really decent customers too, just not happy with the B&S advertising they do around here and disappointed at their performance for the price they paid.

A friend of mine who owns probably the best flooring store in town called me a bit concerned that they started installing carpet.

I hear the SS in San Diego runs a hundred trucks. I wonder how they are doing. I thought 15 was impressive, but I guess it isn't.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
I use to work for stanley at their headquarters in columbus, ohio... i was 18. I knew nothing about carpet cleaning. I was the wash n clean vans man. lol They have over 200 vans there. My uncle has a newspaper delivery company that has 8 vans. He has for years bought there old vans and used them. The ST there is actually very good. I still dont understand why they put windows in their vans?

John Buxton

They are company in Indy too, not a franchise. I dont know how many trucks but they advertise like crazy. I guess the franchisees pay for the companies advertising in cities they operate in.

A friend does at your site oil changes and does SS. The only day that he can work on their trucks is Sunday. Here they do CC, Water, ducts, tile, up.

Chris A

Name
Chris
joeynbgky said:
I use to work for stanley at their headquarters in columbus, ohio... i was 18. I knew nothing about carpet cleaning. I was the wash n clean vans man. lol They have over 200 vans there.

200 trucks in Columbus? Are you sure about that? Or are they the only Stanley in the southern part of the state?

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Yellow vans with windows because they want them to look like a little school bus. Supposedly comforting to a homeowner on a subliminal level, but my wife said they remind her of a urine stain. Maybe it works on a couple of levels.

We had an employee that came up from the SD SS shop. Said he worked from daylight to dark six days a week, and made more money working normal hours for us.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Tampa is a corporate store. They have about 30-40 running daily. I just had a quote today that they did 9 areas for $236 (normally $364) :shock: Maybe they are not doing so well. I have never seem that cheap. I had to drop my price $70 to even get into the 3's.

Still got the job though :lol: In home estimates are the ticket.

-JB-

Name
JB
Yellow vans with windows because they want them to look like a little school bus. Supposedly comforting to a homeowner on a subliminal level,
from a marketing standpoint, which is what they are, a marketing machine, and very good at it, THAT make a LOT of sense!

Almost as good as how the folks who work at Subway having to fumble with their cheapo gloves every time they take them off or put them on.

S'not cause Subway doesn't see that value in more expensive/better fitting gloves, but they see more value in YOU, their customers NOTICING their employees donning gloves, and thus giving the perceived image that they are being hygienic, regardless of whether the are or not. MARKETING BABY! !gotcha!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom