STANLY WANTS YOU!!!!

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I did it for nearly 2 years. Now I skip a few of the pony show steps but do a much better job cleaning. Did you guys know that Stanley tells customers that soil filtration lines are permanent and can't be removed? What a joke.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I wonder how much of all that actually gets done?

I wonder what the Crew Chief does? From the vid its like all he does is talk to the customer, move a little furniture, run the wand, and drive the van.

With all that work they should be charging $100/room

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
KevinL said:
I did it for nearly 2 years. Now I skip a few of the pony show steps but do a much better job cleaning. Did you guys know that Stanley tells customers that soil filtration lines are permanent and can't be removed? What a joke.

We had a previous custy who needed an emergency no notice "I need you here in 30 minutes" cleaning request for a funeral wake they were hosting, we were not able to get them scheduled.

We received a call while they (stanley) were in the home - the customer informed us very angrily that the Stanley techs in their home had told them that while they were cleaning the carpet in one of the rooms, that they could see the scotchguard coming off the carpet. . . . . and that it was likely the cleaning company in their home before them that caused this problem.

And for a cool (can't remember exact numbers, it was something ridiculous like $380) they'd be able to correct it with a carpet sealing protectant.

When the dust settled, I am pretty sure she got at least that portion of the job refunded from them.

We recleaned it the next week - night and day before and after, should have taken pics.

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
KevinL said:

I had a customer tell me that Stanley told them that the traffic lane they couldnt get out was permanent and just part of normal wear and tear.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
so what kind of employees are they going to get? The new guy would have watched that video, that's what he's expecting to see. Then he gets into the field and sees what they REALLY do. Seems like they not only B&S their customers, they B&S their employees. Doesn't give them much incentive to actually perform to the standards they expected when they joined.

I had a guy working with me that put two years in with SS.

He was the assistant and got paid 10 percent.

The lead tech got 16 percent and a percentage of resale items.

The two worked together as a team, but the tech mostly focused on upsells.

At the end of the day the truck had to be hosed down and towel dried, the tanks rinsed out, van restocked, and paper worked filled out.

SS here runs over 20 trucks not including their air duct trucks. It's an impressive operation. I heard SS in San Diego runs over 100 trucks. Now that is impressive.

The wierd thing is they don't prespray most jobs. My former helper told me that was a good incentive for him to sell pet treatment so he could soak the carpet down for a better cleaning. Basically they run a stout detergent with warm water. Some guys do dry strokes, but most do not.

It depends on who is doing the work.

In his words "the only thing that makes them professional is they all wear the same color shirt."

The employees could care less about the job.

I have heard several stories where they would talk the customer into extra services, hand a bill out for 800 dollars when the customer was expecting to pay 99 dollars, and do all that without ever getting a signed signature with a price. It happens all the time. They say well you agreed to get this extra work done.

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
Ron Werner said:
I wonder how much of all that actually gets done?

I wonder what the Crew Chief does? From the vid its like all he does is talk to the customer, move a little furniture, run the wand, and drive the van.

With all that work they should be charging $100/room
They $99 for 3 rooms here, I had a guy tell me they have never spent more than 2 hrs in a house,

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
danielc said:
The wierd thing is they don't prespray most jobs. My former helper told me that was a good incentive for him to sell pet treatment so he could soak the carpet down for a better cleaning. Basically they run a stout detergent with warm water. Some guys do dry strokes, but most do not.

I have heard several stories where they would talk the customer into extra services, hand a bill out for 800 dollars when the customer was expecting to pay 99 dollars, and do all that without ever getting a signed signature with a price. It happens all the time. They say well you agreed to get this extra work done.

This is what kills our industry reputation. They hire what they think is a professional cleaner, what they don't know is they are more in fact professional swindlers.

Becker

Name
Becker
Part of the problem with commision sales.

Hopes are as said in topics before.. In a 2 man crew hopes would be one has morals.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
I have at least 75 clients in my rolodex that were victomized by Stanley, some for several years. And that's the only way to describe it, "victomized". I see them in my town, smoking in the van, running the discharge hose in the gutter. The stories from my sales stops from potential clients are hard to believe. Indeed they have and continue to due tremendious damage to the industry. Well, at least that's my opinion.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Scott,

The reason we see the Stanley guys doing what they do, is because Stanley is a marketing business, in the guise of a cleaning business.

Name
jack zerkie
Last week I cleaned a small condo for a older lady my age 70 the carpet was a very dirty white berber. When the job was finished she said.Well now your my new carpet cleaner, she said that her son worked for Stanley and here in ths area. She said the carpet was to wet and the not white enough after the Stanley cleaning.She asked why my cleaning was cleaner and drier and why Stanley couldn,t do the same.I just said that I only know my method and have never watched them work. True story jz. older and cleaner!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom