Starting to update the website

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Updating the website. I have a Rotovac site and Chris Dyviak is awesome to work with. Cheap and any changes I have wanted he has taken care of. I am very impressed. I am going to put on the intro page an ala Ben Absurdi Video and change things up but I did just put paypal on and music
www.25dollarsaroom.com

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I would have loved to look at it but I immediately leave ANY website that starts screaming at me as soon as I get on it, whether it be music or some jackass talking to me. You should be able to opt-in to that sort of crap.

MrSteam

you've got to be kidding me with the music?

here come your shit-talking skills.... :D :D

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
the music last less than 15 seconds and I thought it was a little loud as well. Maybe a lighter touch next go around.

MrSteam

Greg Crowley said:
the music last less than 15 seconds and I thought it was a little loud as well. Maybe a lighter touch next go around.

oh okay... i didn't stick around to hear it. just bustin' your balls in a friendly MB fashion

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
It's a pet peeve of mine and many other people as well I think. It doesn't matter how long it lasts. Maybe you don't realize it but many people surf the web at work or even at home with a sleeping baby or whatever next to them.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have your opinion, I got it the first time. Thanks

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Greg Crowley said:
Updating the website. I have a Rotovac site and Chris Dyviak is awesome to work with. Cheap and any changes I have wanted he has taken care of. I am very impressed. I am going to put on the intro page an ala Ben Absurdi Video and change things up but I did just put paypal on and music
http://www.25dollarsaroom.com

Want my opinion?

Name
I'm Rick James
IMHO

The website is bad, real bad. The color scheme is NOT working along with the flow of content. The Roto Head image is cheap and looks like poo. I would be more entertained with a dog rubbing its butt across the carpet.

I would redo it all with a womens taste. A intro video is lame, just like the phrase "Got Spots".

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
The color scheme is my company colors which will be changing soon. I am aware of the flow issue that is why I am was asking for input. I just changed it from the packages because I wasn't selling many different packages. Yes Robison I would like your input. I do want you to know I get TONS of work off the site and I get about 1,000 unique visitors a month

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I would change the wording describing your prescrub step from

"Prescrub with a 175 Rotary Scrubber, this really digs down the the bottom of the carpet loosening embedded soils"

to
"Precondition with a rotary floor machine which gently loosens embedded soils and difficult spots."

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Greg Crowley said:
The color scheme is my company colors which will be changing soon. I am aware of the flow issue that is why I am was asking for input. I just changed it from the packages because I wasn't selling many different packages. Yes Robison I would like your input. I do want you to know I get TONS of work off the site and I get about 1,000 unique visitors a month

Thank you Lord

Greg, if you get 1000 uniques with what you have that's great...and I'm sure you make money off the ones who stick around and call but....I think with better colors and layout, you will have a better conversion rate and those 1000 will make a bigger difference.

I'll critique in another post because the Mikey bouncy board bugs the hell outa me when these things get too long...but I guess that's the point.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Colors...we know they're bad but what would be good? Unfortunatly you name say "Extreme" so whattyagonna do...not a big fan of it but if you're going to keep it...so be it.

You can still go with some calmer colors, even with that name...the key is to change your logo...that's a whole other story.
I would go with a blue for the X and maybe keep the green for the Treme. I would just keep them a little lighter...logo's take a lot of work so I'll leave that one alone for now.

Site color. No Black unless it's a thin frame...maybe. Red should only be used for phone numbers, emails and any other call to action associates....doesn't have to be red...and it doesn't have to be an obnoxious red either. Maroons work decent.
No Yellow...I know you had some on your van.

Stick with Blues, Greens, maybe greys for background and don't forget about the Almighty WHITE.

The thing that makes your new site better than your old site is the presence of white although you do need a separate background. I use a sky for my background but bubbles work sometime and some others.

A separate background ads depth and it's pleasing to the customer's eye. Frame your forground other than just a different color on top of the background.

I'm not a big fan of Rotovac websites (Sorry Rotovac). They tend to look home made...probably because it's done by the cleaner and their may not be much to play with...I'm not sure of that.
If you have pics on there, make sure they are sized right or that will screw up the whole thing.
Most Rotovac sites give me an anxious feeling...the female home owner will jump unless she has another reason to stay like a referall or she is a repeat or because of your awesome cleaning reputation. :mrgreen:

You have your phone numbers in the right place but they get lost because of the red on black. Keep that area light or white and use a tamer red for your phone number, email and call to action. Don't list your areas under you phone number like that.
If you can list one or two main areas and then list the others across the bottom of the entire header, I think that would work better.
If you have to keep the Rotovac spinners then you have to...can you move them? Get the hell off of Rotovac if you can't because they really trash up the website and your customer doesn't give 2 shits about the equipment you use.
Yahoo is free...I use that (hosting isn't free) and it works well.

Change Estimate to "Quote"...Free is good
Your photo is good but it below the fold or right at it...move it up so they see that first.
You can do bullet points but you want some info in paragraph form...if not only for search rating. Start each paragraph with a keyword in the sentence and end the paragraph with a keyword in the sentence.

Keep your links (buttons) to the left but don't use the little arrow. Just use the words or maybe some kind of button. As long as they are together and not all over the place it's good.
Remember to keep your colors consistant through the entire site
Remember to keep your layout consistant through the entire site.
I am only looking at the first page above the fold...because that's what the customer will see to make their decision.
Move your logo to the left (if you can) and make sure you logo always links back to the home page
Utilize the middle of the header for updates, specials or testimonials.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
"Simply the best is good"...NO MUSIC...NONE...this is important...take it off ASAP.

I would put "Simply the best" over the photo...or another photo. Smiling and playing in photo's is good. Eye contact with the camera is good as well.
A female 27 to 37 in the photo where her arms crossed and a satisfied look on her face would work well. Sorry you won't be able to use your girlfriend. :mrgreen:
A video on the front page is always good. Make sure it is YOUR video and try to keep it personal or at least personal sounding. Play on the heart strings if you can...I'm telling you this works wonders. If you can be sincere...all the better....When people hear or see the truth...they know it.

Try to give the site some depth by adding frames to the photos and vids and section off the areas...you've done some of that.

I can't get over why anyone would want to use a Rotovac site.
I don't mean any offense to Rotovac because I think they are a good company.
I think the ugly sites work against them as well...maybe I should email them?
I digress

The center part of your for ground page is too thin. I would take out the line that separates the "free estimate" and let that flow a little better. Leave the "free quote and then let some paragraph info work next to it and then flow under it it. That will section it off a bit...just a thought.
But I would take out the line either way. Leave the left section with the links.
You should frame the form for the free quote.

Make sure the photo is larger and more centered (and above the fold)
I need to go back and see if I'm repeating myself.
There are a ton of things you can do to pretty it up...organization and consistency is key to conversion rates.
Let me know if you have any questions.

I will leave you with one suggestion that you have heard before.

When you need opinions...ask your wife, girlfriend, mom, sister, neighbor to have THEIR female friends critique it anonomously..use the double blind study method...

You don't know who is seeing it...and you don't know who's review you are reading.

Good luck.

A

amazingcleansc

He made my website as well, great service, doesnt nickel and dime you either. I like it, not pretty but if it works then thats all that matters.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
amazingcleansc said:
He made my website as well, great service, doesnt nickel and dime you either. I like it, not pretty but if it works then thats all that matters.

David, I really like your website except for the black background.

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
I'm far from an expert, your site "looks" fine to me. I don't even have a site.

It feels like you are selling Rotovac and not clean carpet. I have been told many times that the decision to have your carpet cleaned is emotional, not rational. Focus more on the benefits and less on the equipment.

If you site is working for you, don't change much.

PTMatt

Name
Matt Martinez
Definetly take off the music. Also, do pre-scrub all carpets for $25 a room? Seems like at $25 a room it should be an optional service.

Amazing

Think about it...

somone looking for a carpet cleaner instead of working at her or his desk.

Bang! Loud music.

Ya think they are not gunna close it instantly?
And ya think they are gunna come back.

If you want music... SOFT!

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
No music and not video starting automatically unless you can have the volume down on the vid when it starts.

The music could be a deal breaker so why risk it?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
but I am simply the best

How about something like

Hi I am greg crowley and when I am not drunk I clean carpets, if you call and I am slurring my words chances are I am gonna **** up the time and date of the job so just call me the day before I am supposed to be there to make sure I am coming

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Greg Crowley said:
but I am simply the best

How about something like

Hi I am greg crowley and when I am not drunk I clean carpets, if you call and I am slurring my words chances are I am gonna ACE up the time and date of the job so just call me the day before I am supposed to be there to make sure I am coming
:lol:

I would create a button that gets them to play the music "Hear Our Theme Song" or something like that.

Something like "Hear our theme song and get 10% off your next cleaning" ? Make it so when they click the buttom it prompts them to enter their email.

Damn, I'm brilliant
:wink:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom