Steam Action's Vortex in a Box

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I know what I want for my birthday!

If an AT doesn't shred belts, why would this SA with the same power?

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
I have a 68 Hp directly coupled to a 56 Blower I go through at least 2 couplers a year. 10 minute swap out. 5 years ? I dont know.

Golden Boy

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I remember about 10 years ago John called me when he was in town and he came over to my house with his demo truck.
I called a local hack up the street to come look at his machines with me.
What is it that John takes because he just doesn't age.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
When I saw my first SA many many years ago I thought no way is this company going to stay in business. Damn if they are still around and selling a bunch of units.

Who's buying them?

Actually that one looks pretty nice. Way out of my price range but much nicer that I would have guessed! :icon_cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Name
Steve Lawrence
I didn't quite understand why it was helpful to pinch down the vacuum size. Something about more resistance is good? :winky:

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
I didn't quite understand why it was helpful to pinch down the vacuum size. Something about more resistance is good? :winky:

He said that with three wands hooked up, and two of them off the carpet, the third one still had full vac. If that's the case, opening up the inlet size wouldn't add anything.

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Sweet Rig!

I'd like to see one installed in a box truck.
Actually theres 4 bread trucks for sale in town. : )

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I have a 68 Hp directly coupled to a 56 Blower I go through at least 2 couplers a year. 10 minute swap out. 5 years ? I dont know.

Golden Boy

Then your coupler may not be lined up well.. I have been running the direct couplered El Ds and they do last even more than five years. One I had installed in 2007 November and that coupler is still in place after about 3000 hours.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I spoke to John about building me one about 2 months ago the same time I spoke to Jeremy and he told me 60k but he could go to 50 with just the machine. His price sure changed quickly. that engine from cat with radiator and control unit new is 17k. I don't Believe you can get the c2.2 anymore. It won't meet tier4 requirements.

gene

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
He wasted his time.
I'd buy it if the price was right. I would like to see it in person. When I spoke to him he priced himself out of the market. He told me 60. He also said it was a dsl blower not that grease junk. Love that Catapillar engine.

Gene

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
50k is a good price for a 59/68 blower machine considering a 47 blower machine will be right in the 25k range for a single wander.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
50k is a good price for a 59/68 blower machine considering a 47 blower machine will be right in the 25k range for a single wander.
A machine built for 2 people doesn't double the price. He should be selling it for 40k. ,but he can ask whatever he wants since he built it. The way he explained heating the water seemed a little strange to me. It constantly makes hot water and dumps the excess back to the fresh tank. All fine and dandy until the fresh gets very low, then what. He has no way to stop it from getting hotter.

Gene

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
One of my competitors had one of the big units in a trailer. My local distributor was working on it trying to figure out a way to control the heat. He told me that they said it was a beast right up until it got too hot. Then it was a problem until it cooled off. Not sure if they got it corrected, I never checked back to ask.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
But yet, nobody EVER complains about losing pressure on his rigs.

Unlike that over-engineered POS JimMartin is running.
I have a friend who had one. He had problems with his heat exchanger breaking. John would send him a new one and he would send his back. It went on for years until he finally had someone else weld it. Problem gone. He dumped it for a 370. Way better heat and vacuum but he had the Nike unit. He had the same problems as anybody who owns a gas engine blower ect. Nothing's exempt from breaking
Including aero-tech xt

gene

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom