Steamin Deamon ?????

John Watson

what is some of your oppinions on the Steamin Deamin for commercial glue down carpets, I hear things about some aint real happy with hot-hot water on the discharge side. One of the commercial joints we do has about 160 degree unlimited supplied water in the Janitors closets. How is the handling now you can glide them, is that why SD states it can be used in both directions push and pull. Would appreciate more info than what the search feature gave me. With my trying to locate one I have been contacted by a few and have been told a 5 month old machine/w a 3 stage vac 150' of hoses Paid $4200, will take $2800 or best reasonable offer. to year old machines /w 50' hoses for $500.00.
Man the prices are spread all over.

Name
Nate W.
You can forget pushing it forward without a glide. Glideless only can pull back like a drag wand. Mines still sits on my shelf. I've used it for extracting submerged rugs that were pit washed. Too longer than firing up the TM. The glide really did help the water recovery though.

I never used it on a job because I need to change the solenoid for the solution line. It doesn't stop spraying water. Came that way. :evil:

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
John, are you looking for a Classic or the XL15 or 20?

I have the XL15 that I'm thinking of selling or find someone that would like to trade a Classic for my XL15.

My machine has the stainless filter box so you don't have to use filter bags if you don't want to, I'de probably take $1600 for my SD with 100' of hose.

John Watson

Hey Jeff, Im a looken at all 3. Why you want a classic steadof your 15?

How long you had it? Whats its pros and cons? Do you have a glide on it? if no, Have you tried it with a glide?

I have heard the Classic is better for residentule than the XL15 or 20 do you concur?
why do you feel this way?

Why did you get the XL15 instead of the classic to begin with??

Thanks for your response John

Grant D

I have a classic and I'm close to you. I'm slammed this week so probably won't have time to talk or show you this week but I'd be happy to talk Friday or after about it. I bought a glide with mind but took it off at the recommendation of the manufacturer. I think the glide might fit/work better on the xl15 and 20 than the classic. The manu said that people were reporting faster dry times without the glide on the classic.

I may be selling mine, but may end up keeping it for one account I have. I may not know for 1 or 2 months so you'll probably have yours by then. I like that it is a great machine to flush a carpet. I don't like the setup/takedown times. The hose it came with seems very hard to work with. Resi is difficult as it is a big machine getting around doors and doing closets is often impossible and its very easy to put knicks in the walls etc. Easy machine to do wide open areas though which is why I may keep it for one account that I love using it for.

If you'd like to borrow it to try, we could probably do that sometime, I'm in Bellingham, maybe only a 30 min drive for you?

randy

Name
Randy
John Watson said:
what is some of your oppinions on the Steamin Deamin for commercial glue down carpets, I hear things about some aint real happy with hot-hot water on the discharge side. One of the commercial joints we do has about 160 degree unlimited supplied water in the Janitors closets. How is the handling now you can glide them, is that why SD states it can be used in both directions push and pull. Would appreciate more info than what the search feature gave me. With my trying to locate one I have been contacted by a few and have been told a 5 month old machine/w a 3 stage vac 150' of hoses Paid $4200, will take $2800 or best reasonable offer. to year old machines /w 50' hoses for $500.00.
Man the prices are spread all over.

SHOP AROUND !!!
$4,200 ? Who in the world is trying that ?
I just picked up a Classic with around 25 hours on it for $300.
The thing looks new. It is nearly impossible right now to sell a used one for more than $800-$900, so watch the used market and negotiate hard. Lots of SD units just sitting as many hate them.
Probably most were never were taught how to use it correctly.
They are a wonderful machine and much faster on commercial carpet then a truck mount, and with no fatigue.

John Watson

Re: Steamin Deamon ????? Hey Grant

Hey Grant, appreciate the come back from a lokal yokel, Please do give me a call when you get some time. Helen and I would love to meet with you.

I was just up in Bellingham last Fri (FairHaven) Rode up and back with Ernie G. when he picked up the Zipper Jr he is going to demo. Fact is, after talking with him is why I am looking to try out the Steamin Demon.

So again, Thanks for responding, awaiting your call. 360-854-0222, e-mail johnclaude@valleyint.com or a PM here on MB..

Jeff Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
John, I've had my SD I think maybe 8 months, it was a demo I bought from the SD company with warranty.

I don't have a glide, never tried one.

I bought it mainly for a few commercial accounts but been using it on more residential.

I owned a classic a few years ago and I think the classic is a little better for residential.

I bought the XL this time because I liked the ajustable handle and the easy stair and upholstery tool attaching.

I wish I could have found one for $400 when I was looking but after talking with Mike Downey I thought the demo unit was a good deal, being close to new with a warranty.

I'm sure having the warranty with Steamin Demon is worth it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a demo from them.

Keep your eyes open. I just found and purchased a Pacific Steamex Tsunami (same as a demon) this morning for $300 in great shape. This one didn't come with hoses, but that's an easy fix.

I've seen a few pop up on ebay and craigslist. You just have to keep looking.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom