Steamin Demon Challenge

dacraig

I was just looking on Steamin Demon's website and there's a new video on there with the Demon taking on a Vortex with a Rotovac...seems to hold it's own quite well...especially considering we're talking a couple thousand $$$ vs $80,000 (not sure what Vortex are going 4 these days)
Worth a look for sure!

http://steamindemon.com/video3.html

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
The challange should be each guy must clean 100 houses (maybe 500 rooms and 50 flights of stairs) in a month going six days a week. After two weeks the Steamin deamon guy would be postponing jobs or working till 9PM. Getting to a job and finding faucets that you can remove the aerator, hoping the water is hot, hoping the psi is above 30 (or you're really gonna be there a while), hoping you don't blow a fuse because you don't have any more on the truck, it all adds extra time to the job.
And who told that fool with the Vortex to choke it down with that stupid slow 360? Why not use the power the machine provides, a nice hi flow glided Ti wand would have knocked 1/2 the time off from the 360 puttering along.

The Steamin Demon looks like a good tool to keep in the van in case your TM pukes. At least you will finish the job.

I used a machine like that in the 70s called the Vac11 and had all those problems. But it would clean as well as any machine with the proper preconditioning. Once I got my White Magic I stopped using it forever and I doubled my gross volume the first year with the new truckmount. Sure it costs less to use the SD but a TM will make a lot more money over a years time.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I had the same reponce type out, but accidently pushed the back button! :roll: I agree 100%, Look at how well the wand did on the edges, Kick up the pressure and heat and go to town.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Willy P said:
You mean you don't need an $80,000 machine to clean a carpet? Really?

You can clean a carpet with a Rug Doctor and do a good job. What's your point?

dacraig

Oh, I forgot about the 100 home challenge...;-)

I hear what you're saying! I agree there would be challenges. The hot water, not too much of a concern (obviously hot is better, but since the 70's they have improved chems a lot and the right dwell and agitation will help a lot with that)
Pressure would be a concern. Not too worried about the faucets...when in doubt you can just pull off the shower head. And most the homes in my area are no longer fuses...again...things have changed in 40 years...

I do like the idea of rolling in, in a small van, finding a bathroom and a plug and there you go...I have no delusions that there aren't benefits to TM's...but I think this is a good looking machine!

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
dacraig said:
Oh, I forgot about the 100 home challenge...;-)

I hear what you're saying! I agree there would be challenges. The hot water, not too much of a concern (obviously hot is better, but since the 70's they have improved chems a lot and the right dwell and agitation will help a lot with that)
Pressure would be a concern. Not too worried about the faucets...when in doubt you can just pull off the shower head. And most the homes in my area are no longer fuses...again...things have changed in 40 years...

I do like the idea of rolling in, in a small van, finding a bathroom and a plug and there you go...I have no delusions that there aren't benefits to TM's...but I think this is a good looking machine!

I could use a Pinto hatchback, a 175 and a pump sprayer. Oh wait, I already did that.

Bjorn

there is not a single sink that is not going to leak when back pressure is applyed

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Odin said:
there is not a single sink that is not going to leak when back pressure is applyed

I never saw a "sink" leak in twelve years of hooking up to them. It's like saying a leak would occur if you turned the faucet on and off.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom