Steamin Demon vs Vortex TM w/rotovacs video

M

mikeD

Here is the video of the Steamin Demon going side by side with the Vortex Truckmount with Rotovacs. I would like to thank Ross and Rodney for agreeing in doing the side by side comparison. It was performed in Noblesville, IN on Tuesday Jan. 11th, 2011.

http://www.steamindemon.com/video3.html (it's a two part video, so be sure to click the link to the right for the second part).

M

mikeD

The video is unedited. We tried to keep it under 15 minutes but ran a couple of minutes over. We did shoot the Vortex at both the beginning and end of the video.

dealtimeman said:
Is there any more shots of the vortex?

kmdineen

Name
Kevin Dineen
Why use a Vortex if you choke your air flow way down with a 1 1/2 whip and a rotovac? What flow does the rotovac have, I assume the pressure was left at 450 psi.

Bjorn

what no beer or smokes? WTF!!!! in the video
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-1.jpg

M

mikeD

I'm not sure about the 1 1/2" whips effect but the pressure at the truck was 400-450 psi

kmdineen said:
Why use a Vortex if you choke your air flow way down with a 1 1/2 whip and a rotovac? What flow does the rotovac have, I assume the pressure was left at 450 psi.

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Wow, a lot of effort and what did you accomplish or achieve? Wouldn't you have been better off fishing, drinking or perfoming preventative maintenance on your shit? I mean seriously, you didn't DO shit in comparing.

That being said, have a nice day.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
In other words.... minus some of the garbel... if you were going to test high flow to high flow.. why put so much restriction on the truckmount? Use a 2 in wand, up the pressure and up the jet size for higher flow like many already do. Combine that with the heat, or atleast compare to the current rotovac 360i

M

mikeD

Right back at cha..

NobleCarpetCleaners said:
Wow, a lot of effort and what did you accomplish or achieve? Wouldn't you have been better off fishing, drinking or perfoming preventative maintenance on your shit? I mean seriously, you didn't DO shit in comparing.

That being said, have a nice day.

Mikey P

Administrator
Hey Mike!

You ought to bring your gadgets to Mikefest in Tennessee in March, we'll have some more shoot outs loads of suppliers and distributors there to see the SD in action.

please bring an ashtray.

Mike Draper

yep, if you want to advertise, that'd be the place. Side by side comparisons with whatever you wish.

M

mikeD

Occasionally I try to appear professional.......... which when translated means "they would not let me"

Odin said:
what no beer or smokes? WTF!!!! in the video
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz-1.jpg

M

mikeD

Thanks,

I'll be there

Mikey P said:
Hey Mike!

You ought to bring your gadgets to Mikefest in Tennessee in March, we'll have some more shoot outs loads of suppliers and distributors there to see the SD in action.

please bring an ashtray.

Goldenboy

Name
Mike Waldron
Funny I got brought into this post. I actually poured that beer Mike was drinkin. He was a pretty cool guy. That was a fun day. We all drank a lot of beer that day. Mike was not one of the Low Lifes that hung on the Vortek all day.

Golden Boy

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom