steamway 9100 lx

campusman1

does any one here use a steamway 9100lx truck mount i have some heat issues and maybe someone here might have had the same problem its supposto heat up in about 5 minutes wich it always had now it takes forever if it even does can any one help thanks

Name
Lee Stockwell
It has four heat exchangers, and could really use a fifth. One to capture the extreme heat off the belts...lol (Gonna get hate-mail for that one).

Seriously, if your only issue is "heat", and not the finicky Kawasaki's electronics you are more fortunate than most. The belt pulleys are also too small in diameter and too close to an unprotected exhaust manifold.

You've likely got a stuck diverter or clogged blower hx "heater core".

Kelly

make sure that the diverter valve lever is moving down when you turn the thermostat up with 5 or so inches on the vacuum gauge and the water pump turned on. also check the orifice as it might be plugged limiting the water temperature in the water box.

R

R W

I'd say, without even looking at it, that you might have some internal plumbing scaling that would affect the heat. Do you run a water softener? Have you de-scaled the equipment?

That might be the area to look.

campusman1

Kelly said:
make sure that the diverter valve lever is moving down when you turn the thermostat up with 5 or so inches on the vacuum gauge and the water pump turned on. also check the orifice as it might be plugged limiting the water temperature in the water box.
the diverter works when it gets up there wheni set it at like 190 when the temp hits 190 it comes up so i know the diverter works. its just so slow to get there if it does. the orifice the only problem it gave me before is when it plug up it would make the temp rise to 300 and i couldnt even take the hoses apart this is sort of a mystery to me.

Kelly

disconnect the diverter control lever and make sure the diverter flap bottoms out on both sides of its travel, then make sure the lever is properly adjusted to accommodate the diverter being completely shut in heat mode. Also check the radiator and make sure it is full. If all of that is good descale it and see if that changes the heating issue.

campusman1

Kelly said:
disconnect the diverter control lever and make sure the diverter flap bottoms out on both sides of its travel, then make sure the lever is properly adjusted to accommodate the diverter being completely shut in heat mode. Also check the radiator and make sure it is full. If all of that is good descale it and see if that changes the heating issue.
thanks for the help ill do it on saturday it might be descaling the only thing ive done once in 5 years because the steamway dealership in upstate ny that was here before the mech said it wasnt good for the machine and at the time i dint know about the machine like i said thanks ill do those thing in a couple of days thanks again scott

Joe Couch

If your machine has a kerosene burner than I would check your heating coil for soot build up. I had a Steamway 7200 Equinox and I had to clean the coil a couple of different times due to soot build up. It causes the exact same problem you are describing. I had nothing but problems with my unit. It was the true money pit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom