Steamway Tm

G

Can anybody tell me what pump came with the 18hp Steamways?

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I had one and it had a cat pump, maybe a 290 or 3something(340?). Getting a steamway Josh? Beware the kerosene heater, what a pain in the butt. :x

G

No, Jay, I'm not getting one.

Another CCer about a half hour from me needs help with his. He needs his pump rebuilt and I'm trying to find a kit for him.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Sorry was logged in on the wifes account

Doesn't he know? Tell him to look at it and read the model off the back of the pump.

As long as you have a cat 3cp kit in stock your fine even if the guys doesn't know what he owns or how to read

Jimbo

Josh...have him get a kit...then take it and the pump...out of the machine...to Ronnie at Hotsy in sparks...about 1 hour labor...he'll be back in biz

G

He's an older guy with a very low budget and is just now learning about CCing.

He bought his set up very used.

His heat won't stay on, he has good pressure for about 20 seconds and then hardly a trickle. So 2 & 2= I'm thinking he don't have enough pressure to kick the heat on.

He got a quote from a local supply house and the dude had worked on the heat a few times, (charged him every time) but wasn't sure what to do to fix it. So he just quoted him for rebuilding the pump-$500 and no promises.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I just purchased a NEW comet pump from PRESSURE-WASHER-PARTS.COM for 268.35 with the feet and shipping to my house. Switch over pulley and you should be good to go. They may have Cat but more$. Mine puts out 2,000 PSI at 4 gallons per minute.

P.S. Comet model LWS4022S 4 gallon per minute 2000psi $251,
Comet model LWS3025s 3.2 gallon per minute 2500psi $235. (This is the model used on hydramaster 3.2 and 4.0, and Possibly the Boxer.)

PSS Jim Eckmans advice is probably best for the rebuild and the heater too. :wink:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
whoa! call me tomorrow. the guys is getting screwed. A new cat 3cp is not to much more then what the guy is trying to charge. a 3cp seal kit (hot n dry) are less the 150 so that means the guys is charging 350 labor. Holy Sh@t Batman. Even an idiot can
R&R and rebuild a pump in less the 3 hours on ANY machine at our rate $70ph that's 5 hours labor. Call me tomorrow and we'll figure out what is actually going on and help you keep this poor guy from getting screwed even more

G

Thanks, John. He's an older guy and I hate seeing him getting ripped the way he has been.

The guy at the supply house told him that his wand was no good and did him a favor by 'trading' him with a discount for a weird looking 6-8 inch wand. He said he didn't know what kind of wand it was but that it still had the glide on it. I told him to ask for it back the next time he was in there. They told him they didn't know where it was.

:shock:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Josh can you get us the name of that POS supplier?

I hate people who rip others off!

Scott

Has he descaled it yet? Does it have a filter and has he inspected/cleaned it out yet? Does he have any air leaks in the plumbing? Is there a solution tank? If so, what happens when he dials it down to zero?

A pump rebuild might be necessary, but has he checked everything else first?

Scott

G

He has not descaled it yet, unless he paid the supply house to do it.
He really doesn't know much about the machine, that's why he kept paying money to have it worked on.

I think I will go by his place today and take a closer look at the set up and get the numbers off the pump.

:?

Scott

Josh -

Have him hook up a water hose to the inlet and see if there are any leaks in the line while you're at it.

Scott

G

I've done that and I found only 1, come to think of it, it was a little inline filter that was broke and we bypassed it.

packfancjh

Name
Chris Hagen
josh

Hey Josh, why don't you have him bring it to me and I'll see what I can do with it. I'm pretty sure know where he brought it the first time but if he wants it done right see if he wants to bring it to me and we'll take a look.

John Watson

the 1980 and 1981 1150 powermatics had 23 hp kolers and used the hypro pump so I guess this ain't what yer a lookin fur, Huh???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom