Steve Cameron's half price offer.

Mikey P

Administrator
If they call back in 6 months or less he cleans for 1/2 off.

I would like to know more about how he promotes this. What are the restrictions? What if the call every 5 months like clock work? What if it's filthy every time? Minimum still applies right?

Is this a JP idea?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
That's not a bad deal.
Most of my repeat customers that need me before six months either have untrained pets, sick pets or kids. I don't want to give them half off because the carpets get trashed pretty quickly.
With that said, you could offer it to your cleaner, less "used" homes.
I would imagine this offer is made to the customer in writing at the end of the job right?

Fon Johnson

It works well if set up right. If you are going back and cleaning ONLY traffic lanes, and they should not be as dirty if they are cleaned within 6 months. If you are cleaning a nasty, you just charge enough up front to cover it, or you don't offer it to them. Obviously there are cases where it can work, and those where it won't. It can work though.. :D

G

Raise your price .10 a sq ft
&
Sell them Protector
&
Stick to traffic areas only upon return

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I have a pay 1/3 everytime promotion. I take Mikes prices slice off a third and that was my customers pay

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
We run something similar to Steve's promotion.IF...a client chooses cleaning (full room with content manipulation or open areas only) and protection,we offer a 6 month service,open areas only mind you, at half off.

Keep in mind that we leave a bottle of spotter and instruct the client on proper and improper use of the spotter as well as the limitations of said agreement:vomit,fecal,urine (no matter if it is from animal or human, are not considered normal soiling.) ect...

So far all of the participants are adamant about spotting when there is a need (makes our life alot easier) and the soil load is never as bad as the first service.

There are those who care about their home and some unfortunately,that do not.Not everyone goes for the full "schpeel" but it is nice when you get one that does

Patrick

hogjowl

Idiot™
I can see how if would work, and I don't feel any need to bash Steve about it. However, one serious drawback about that system is it's failure to give you regular, scheduled monthly revenue. The SFS plan is still the best in my opinion.

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I have to agree with Marty. I'm only draggin all my crap into 2 houses a day, maybe 3 if they are small ones, I need to keep that ticket average up. I can understand if you're just starting out and need to fill your schedule, but once you get booked 3 weeks out I just can't see it.

Becker

Name
Becker
1/2 off would be amazing,

I have thought about ..

Use me again with in 6 months for XX off, or within 12 months for XX off.

Anyone needing me less than once per year, no discount.

Greg Loe

My min is $125 may average is right at $200. Less than half would even make my min. It would be something to consider giving your customers for a winter cleaning. :shock:

Cameron1

I am in a war for the cleaning dollars of a very cynical, Leary public. Most of who have been very disappointed {to say the least} by their past cleaning experiences. I also look at my business as a very hungry beast that must eat constantly. This beast must excrete 7 paychecks each week, and then pay all the other bills that go with it.

The half off offer is just another Marketing tool in the war chest. A few years ago I learned that I was really not a carpet cleaner, but rather a Marketer of carpet cleaning services. This transformation was imperative if my business was going to survive. Now, I spend more time thinking about Marketing than any other aspect of my business. I think a lot about how I can be different from the 5,000 other carpet cleaners in this city. This is how the offer came about. I will give the specific details later this weekend, when I have more time.

matt sheppard

Mikey P said:
Was I bashing Steve?

I'm just interested in creating more winter work.

check out local student housing complexes in you area. college students are on winter break in nov-dec, the carpets will be trashed and need a good cleaning and they have their parents cc's to pay for your services.

Scott

steve said:
I also look at my business as a very hungry beast that must eat constantly. This beast must excrete 7 paychecks each week, and then pay all the other bills that go with it.

Now I see why your tech needed a fork.

:lol:

Scott

Name
Bruce
Greg Loe said:
My min is $125 may average is right at $200. Less than half would even make my min. It would be something to consider giving your customers for a winter cleaning. :shock:

You would have to make your minimum $250 so when the sixth month cleaning came around you would atleast get your minimum.

Lets say a company had a 3 room minimum $140 + protectant = $210 , they must have protectant put down or they will not get the half off cleaning in six months.

Sixth month cleaning will be $105 for the 3 rooms, but in those 3 rooms you will not be moving any furniture (I know , some of you guys already don't/wont move furniture) so you will only be cleaning the traffic lanes and you will not put the protectant back down. I guess you could go either way on the protectant, put it down or not.

Then on the next six month or the 1 year cleaning they are back to the full price.

What I found after trying to do this for about 4 years was after people were getting their carpets cleaned every six month they felt that their carpet was not getting dirty enough to warrent a cleaning and felt they were wasting money. We had a tuff time keeping people on the program.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom