Steve Poulos Leather Cleaning Class

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
has anyone taken it and what did you think? I am considering taking his course near Minnepolis this September. Give me some feedback please.

A

amazingcleansc

I love steve. I was in the interlink store buying something and some stooges were talking to the manager. They just did a S.P. leather class the day before got all gung ho with leather cleaner, and didn't test the couch first and ruined their first job, I think in one of their living rooms.

I know for a fact they didn't follow the directions steve gave them, but I was laughing when i walked out of there.

Doug D

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Dimick
Greg Crowley said:
has anyone taken it and what did you think? I am considering taking his course near Minnepolis this September. Give me some feedback please.

when and where at this September. Would like to go!

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Leather Cleaning Technician
09/23/10 2-day course
BRIDGEPOINT SYSTEMS INC
EDINA MN
STEVE G. POULOS
800-726-4686

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
The man of a 1,000 caps is one smart cookie.

Wish I could be there, I attended a small course of his ten or more years ago in Townsville, that's also down under in Oz.

I reckon I'll also catch up with him in Vegas this year, if not, say g'day for me.

ooroo,

:roll:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Steve taught the leather class in Salt Lake City last week. I was able to sit in for about 2+ hours.

First, you will see a lot more of the hands-on aspect that doesn't always show up in other classes.

Second, Steve has a passion for leather and passes that along to his students. I have taken a leather class in the past, but just in the few hours I audited Steve's class a learned some useful information.

I don't think you will regret attending.

John Watson

I have attended Steve's class a couple of times, was the first leather class I took, Like Scotty said Steve has a passion for leather and has tips galore. Steve splains it so even peoples likes mee can understood...

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Good instructor that knows his stuff.

Two things to remember: Leathermaster makes a good product line, but there are others. There's also a lot more aniline leather furniture in our neck of the woods than Steve's (maybe in yours too) so don't ignore that part of the class.

blaisesdaddy

Do it. I took his class this past December in Philly. I highly recommend Steve. His teaching style is very laid back, clear and easy to understand. Lots of hands-on experience...cleaning with different solutions, examples of many different types and finishes of leather you will experience. This class has been a real money maker for me. I just recently ran into a ChemDry owner I met at this class and he agreed it was a great skill to learn properly. Once you can properly recognize leather, it's hard to ruin it. PM me if you have any specific questions.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Thanks everybody. This is really coming together for me. I was torn between one in Asheboro, NC and this one and I have taken classes Steve has taught but didn't know what his skill level on leather was. My Sister inlaw and her husband just moved near this location and flights are real cheap so I am going to go for it.

Roger Koh

Greg Crowley said:

I have been to Steve Poulos leather class besides others.

And I think all classes help me to evolve to be a better leather service provider.

We take in new ideas and discard what’s outdated.

Where we were told to walk away, we now take the bull by the horns as new technology becomes available.

So competence instructors will always keep students with what latest in the industry of what can be done as seen in the various forums.

Pigmented leathers seem to be the easiest to handle; but more money is in the ability to deliver the high-end leathers of Semi-Aniline, Aniline, Nubuck, Vachetta, Hair-on, etc.

If you have taken leather classes and still have difficulties as you may take on more exotic leathers with more complicated problems… post it and we shall help solve it!

Even if it's an "taxidermy alligator" we are helping to clean and restore!

#1 Nose
Nose.jpg

#2 Back
back.jpg

#3 Close-Up-Back
Closeupback.jpg

#4 Foot
Foot.jpg

#5 Tail
Tail.jpg

Roger Koh
Leather Doctor®

Roger Koh

The Great Oz said:
Good instructor that knows his stuff.

Two things to remember: Leathermaster makes a good product line, but there are others. There's also a lot more aniline leather furniture in our neck of the woods than Steve's (maybe in yours too) so don't ignore that part of the class.

Yes Aniline leathers!

The more you see; the more your ability to restore Aniline back to Aniline.

The richer you become!

#1 Before
7-22-09008.jpg

#2 After
6-30-10024.jpg

Roger Koh
Leather Doctor®

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Roger is there any reading that you would suggest prior to taking this class

Roger Koh

Greg Crowley said:
Roger is there any reading that you would suggest prior to taking this class

The IICRC S300 Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Upholstery Cleaning; first edition published in 2000 is what I would recommend for reading prior to taking the class… a more of a What-Is?

The How-To?… is found in the various forums on subject of interest; that you will discover the latest breakthrough of products and techniques that delivers the result.

Roger Koh
Leather Doctor®

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom