Steve T. or ? Do you have a good email to send custies to prepare for their cleaning

Name
Steve Lawrence
I like the idea to get customers on the same page, you know, get the cars out of the way, remove breakables, etc. Also, seems like a good way to collect their email addresses without seeming too nosey.

Mikey P

Administrator
you would not believe how well this works..

Dear [FIRST_NAME] [LAST_NAME],

We look forward to your upcoming appointment. We’ll need your assistance to make the areas you want cleaned as accessible as possible.
1. Please arrange for a parking spot
as close to your front door or cleaning project as possible

2. Remove all breakable items
from the cleaning area and store in a safe area (lamps, collectibles, etc.)
3. Other than large furniture, remove all items from the floor
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman](waste baskets, potted plants, brief cases, toys, etc[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman].). [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]If you are physically unable to move things yourself and cannot arrange for help, we will be more than happy to assist[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]. [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Please pin up or tuck in bed spreads and dust ruffles. Drapes can either be hung up on the end of the rod, gently draped over each other or the ends placed in a plastic garbage bag. [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Extremely large or heavy items will remain in place [/FONT](i.e. entertainment units, china cabinets, pianos). We will clean up to the outside edges. Medium-sized furniture (i.e. tables, coffee tables, end tables, wing chairs, recliners, sofas) can be moved, the area cleaned, and returned to their location. We will place protective padding under furnishings with wood or metal feet to protect the carpet and the furniture. Some furniture is best left off the carpet until completely dried. We will discuss options during your appointment
4. Have a safe place for your pets to stay,
doors will need to be left open during the cleaning process and we would hate it if Skippy or Shadow escaped.
5. Tell us your every concern.
Point out spots and spills and tell us what they are.
6.We will pre vacuum your carpet prior to cleaning
but if you would like to knock dust and cob webs off base boards and from the back of furniture we recommend doing so prior to our arrival.
7. If we are cleaning your upholstered furniture
please have the pieces easily accessible from all sides and away from any breakable objects or delicate floorings. We can clean your sofas or chairs over the carpet/rugs being cleaned that day or if possible we can clean them outside or in your garage. The pieces set can be on tarps as a last resort. Loose cushions will be "A" framed on provided plastic sheeting, preferably outside for quick drying. In most cases furniture should not be reassembled the same day, rather when completely dry the following day.
Thank you for choosing Connoisseur!
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call me direct @ 831 588 9063
Mike Pailliotet
www.santacruzclean.com

and before Snow chimes in about how inconsiderate or unprofessional this is, keep in mind he works in 200 square foot brown stones all day that may have 75 of exposed carpet to chisel.

Mikey P

Administrator
tile version..

Dear [FIRST_NAME] [LAST_NAME],

PRE-CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]So that we may render the best possible service to you in the most efficient manner…
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]• Please have all items and furnishings out of the areas to be cleaned before we arrive.
• Please have all children and pets in a separate room to ensure their safety around our equipment and cleaning solutions.
• Please have a water faucet on and available for our use to hook up to our truck.
• Please leave an open parking area near your door and have your car moved if you think you will need it while we are working.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT]​
CONDITIONS
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Connoisseur Cleaning [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]agrees to perform the work specified in a professional manner using extreme care to obtain satisfactory results. The professional cleaner is limited in attaining the best results due to the condition and nature of the article being cleaned. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Listed below are conditions most commonly encountered for which we disclaim and for which the customer agrees not to hold us responsible.
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]1. [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Cracked, loose or broken grout and tile[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]. Due to the nature of tile and grout and the current level of soil on the floors, even a thorough pre-inspection may not reveal the existing condition of the grout and tile. Improperly set tile and grout, damaged by water among other situations may cause some tile and grout to loosen or pop out during cleaning. Customer will be immediately notified when such instances occur, and will not hold [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Connoisseur Cleaning [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]responsible for any such repairs. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]2. [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Staining, discoloration, color loss[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]. Our cleaning process can restore most tile and grout near its original condition. Due to the nature of some spots, or prior cleanings and maintenance, it may be impossible to restore an original color, or completely remove all spots and stains. There is no way of determining when such results will occur. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]3. [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Wax, lacquers, sealers, stains, paints[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]. These coatings are not the responsibility of [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Connoisseur Cleaning[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]. [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]In some cases, we cannot tell if there is a pre-existing coating on the floor until we begin our cleaning process. We will immediately notify the customer if this is the case, but we cannot guarantee the complete removal of any such topical coatings and will not be responsible for re-applying such coatings. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]4. [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Efflorescence[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]. This is a natural salt residue that may appear after cleaning which was not visible before. [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Connoisseur Cleaning [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]will attempt to remove such residue, but cannot guarantee complete removal. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]5. [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Edge cleaning[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]. We are unable on certain jobs to completely clean up to the edge of furniture, cabinets, and walls and such, without doing further harm or damage to these items. If soiling is present under large items, we suggest having them moved from the room prior to cleaning day. MDF (particle) baseboards can get damaged from the water used in the cleaning. MDF is extremely [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]absorbent and will swell if exposed to water. Applying a bead of clear silicone a few days before cleaning can help avoid absorption and swelling. [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Connoisseur Cleaning [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]will not be held responsible for any damages to MDF but will do our best to avoid any issues. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]6. [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Bathrooms[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]. Due to constant humidity, water, soaps, urine, and harsh cleaning agents often seen, bathrooms pose an extremely difficult area to clean. Although we have some of the most advanced equipment and cleaning agents on the market, we are limited in the results we can achieve here. Therefore we do not guarantee nor are we responsible for urine staining, complete soap scum and hard water deposit removal or loose/missing tile and grout. [/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT]​
For information on how to upkeep your hard surfaces, please visit our blog for lots of handy suggestions @ http://www.santacruzclean.com/blog/
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Thank you for your business!

Mike Pailliotet
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/FONT][/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]

Feel free to call me direct with any questions or concerns @ 831 588 9063
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
have a good email to send custies to prepare for their cleaning

Lol- I love it mike and based on the pictures I have seen of your areas homes I'd say we clean in homes 50-100% larger most of the time. They just cost less than kalifornia houses.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
I was going to say use mike's, he posted it a couple month's ago and i shamelessly copied it... :icon_redface:

Good stuff mike!

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
I was going to say use mike's, he posted it a couple month's ago and i shamelessly copied it... :icon_redface:

Good stuff mike!
Yeah, I guess I can hang up my "guru cape" and let Mikey take over. He has it nailed.

Steve

PS Steve, when you email them your "Getting Ready for Us Checklist be sure to also include links back to different landing pages on your website explaining the additional optional services you offer. Remember, "they can't buy it if they don't know about it"!

Reactions: Steve Lawrence

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Yeah, I guess I can hang up my "guru cape" and let Mikey take over. He has it nailed.

Steve

PS Steve, when you email them your "Getting Ready for Us Checklist be sure to also include links back to different landing pages on your website explaining the additional optional services you offer. Remember, "they can't buy it if they don't know about it"!

No Sir, its a thankless job but someone has to do it...

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Re: Steve T. or ? Do you have a good email to send custies to prepare for their cle

I must say I'm a bit surprised at how much work you ask those super high end customers of yours to do before you come.

Don't get me wrong I like it but I just thought the prevailing idea from the gurus was to make things as effortless as possible for the customer so they'll maybe have you out more often.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Name
Steve Lawrence
Thanks, Mike and others for your help. Yeah, a good outline but I'm hoping to focus more on congratulating their choice and getting them to add to the ticket and get it scheduled in. That email tells them to get to work preparing all the areas to be cleaned and accept all responsibility for any problems. Is this the only time potential tile problems are addressed? Are you asking them to sign an agreement in the email or just an "understanding". Not sure if this is the best approach.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Yeah, a good outline but I'm hoping to focus more on congratulating their choice and getting them to add to the ticket and get it scheduled in...
That's a good point Steve but remember that the "How to get ready for your big day check list" is how we justify asking them for their email. (Without a Valid Business Reason for the request many customers are reluctant to give their email out) So I think that is why Mike is focused on the details.

Steve

PS Once again, your email should include a list of extra services with a link to a different landing page for each add-on option on your web site.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom