Still Poking Along

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
too bad you didn't gets a Rubber Room T.............only one left and it's in the Smithsonian.....

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Did you see how white were the soles of his shoes?

No way, that's a real carpet cleaner! :winky:

I change shoes in the van before going in, normal shoes are sketchers and they have an awful horeshoe shape that fills with the poo's of walking around.

No, I did not pre-vac. Property Cleaning crew does that for us ahead of time. I did finally rat out the painters, hence the knee crawling ensamble.

If she was in front of me snapping pics she would have been walking on the cleanest carpet in town, we leave that for the new residents. Plus size matters and I was afraid to make someone jelous, lol

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
hows yor brand new Genie werkin'?

i should build another one as i have jus located another SG waste tank

Last edited:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
hows yor brand new Genie werkin'?

i should build another one as i have jus located another SG waste tank

Absolutely Perfect! We are making some major waves with it and they are only going to get bigger. The Word is out that we are a major contender in the market for this area. Doors are really starting to open up.

Only if your building it for us!

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Good deal Chris!

Thanks a Million Doc! Feels good hearing it from you sir : )

It has been a long hard road with many obstacles in our way, especially the "they are new and have no clue" talk behind our backs out here. We have finally proven that we are a quality rig and one to compete with. Feels Good.
Especially since their accounts are coming to us now!

Mikey P

Administrator
How are you pricing all this new work?

I'm having more luck getting the job where competitive bids are being gather by figuring out my desired hourly wage rather than square footin..

SF is nice and all and you'll score the occasional home run but trying to be a BB rock star can lose you a lot of work.

I had it in my giant head for so long that I had to get so much per foot or I was not a real premium cleaner worthy of a starring role in a ride along DVD.

Last week we were the lowest bidder on an auto showroom (I was competing against full service janitors) and we scored the job for $595. Took less than two hours to blow them away with the results.

Reactions: Ken Snow

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
How are you pricing all this new work?

I'm having more luck getting the job where competitive bids are being gather by figuring out my desired hourly wage rather than square footin..

SF is nice and all and you'll score the occasional home run but trying to be a BB rock star can lose you a lot of work.

I had it in my giant head for so long that I had to get so much per foot or I was not a real premium cleaner worthy of a starring role in a ride along DVD.

Last week we were the lowest bidder on an auto showroom (I was competing against full service janitors) and we scored the job for $595. Took less than two hours to blow them away with the results.

Mikey,
Most of out CC work has been Managed Properties. Since My Wife is a property manager and the current Prez of the Apt Association it isnt real hard to figure out what price our competition is doing it for : )
Note that I do not clean her property. We are waiting for the current cleaner to really screw up and he (VP of Apt Association, no kidding) is on thin ice with her over his attitude towards me now. That and her Corp. Office just likes me better : )

$0.10 is the going rate around here and we are pulling off $0.12 = $120 an hour in most units.
With that said, at this point we take what we can get and have yet to turn anyone away due to price. just smile, clean, collect and deposit.

Residential we have been matching SS and blowing their doors off as far as quality.

We have ran 1 ad in the paper over the last 12 months, paid Dex a butt load of money to get us up top in our lil bitty town, but the mass majority of work has been Word of Mouth due to taking our time, and providing Quality work. People seem to really like the fact that we are young and have our heads on straight. No wishy washy like the Wife deals with on a regular basis.

DCI and Superclean hold most of the commercial accounts around here. Hard to get in with them but we continue to shoot for the stars.

I tried some crap on that video once and got ran plumb out into the parking lot.

I just be Myself and it seems to be working. I will never say or act like I am better than the competition to a customers or potential customers face, here I will brag like the dickens though because we are sort of shocked at how it is progressing and pretty proud.

We owe ALOT to Mikey's Board for helping us Maintain that Pro Feel in our heads, when we are really runts in the game. Confidence Booster like no other.

Chris

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Good on ya Chris!

We're finally getting some residential clients, but most of our work is multi-year signed contract prop manager work. One of the properties we service has 200 units that vary from 1-4 bedroom units. We also do the jansan side of the cleaning for them as well, so they're all vacuumed well before I get in to clean the carpet. I can knock each 4 bedroom unit out in 45 mins - hour depending how tired I am(dry times are still fine), and make very close to $200 per hour, and am still 40-50 bucks per unit underneath my competition. The manager loves working with us because they give us a list the first of May every year for the turn around season, and we make it a smooth coordinating our side. They have to submit purchase orders for any other special work needing done to their parent company. They have water damage issues from time to time so to keep the business relationship happy they receive a 25% discount on water extraction services. We let them know what it would be retail, and they submit that for8 the purchase order, but when our actual bill comes in, it makes the manager look like a hero to his bosses because our business relationship saved them money.

Its a win/win all the way around for everyone. However at some point I hope to have a truck/crew that can handle this work one day, so that I can concentrate on our residential and other commercial market.

Reactions: GCCLee

hogjowl

Idiot™
I know what you're saying Mikey. Over the years, I have kept detailed records on my production times in various different circumstances. Now when I go into a estimate, I measure the s.f. only to see how long it will take me. Then I price it by the time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom