Still waiting for my first SmartStrand

Mikey P

Administrator
SmartStrand fibers provide permanently engineered-in stain
protection that will NEVER wear or wash off. This stain
protection will last over the life of the carpet.
Cleaning recommendations for SmartStrand Carpet with stain protection
• Because of the built in stain protection, SmartStrand carpets can be
cleaned with WATER ALONE ( hot water extraction)
• There are no challenges in cleaning this fiber. Even hard to clean stains
like red wine, juice and mustard can be lifted with mild detergent and hot
water or FloorCare Essentials
• Other fibers may perform with immediate clean-up, but after stains have
set in, SmartStrand really shows its strength because clean-up is just as
easy
• And so confident are we of SmartStrand's superior performance against
Mohawk offers a Lifetime Stain Resistance Warranty
Creative builders like Minto are using Mohawk SmartStrand
to reduce the opening costs of Model Homes.
Testimonial: Jared Stern with Minto
“The costs of weekly professional carpet cleanings have been adding up.
To help curb this expense, I have spoken with Mohawk and determined that
the SmartStrand™ product line should meet our needs as it was designed to
withstand the rigors of traffic and staining.”

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Bill Tarpy, a guy I know in New Jersey who is as smart as Forsythe, as unforgivingly exacting as Terje, and as honest as Capitoni tells me its as oil loving as polyester, and appears to have static problems.

Another cleaner that I know has been asked to clean some that was in rental properties, and she also said it acted like polyester.

I was hoping that Triexta (Smartstrand) would be as good as nylon (like they claim), but my gut and this latest feedback tell me otherwise.

I still hope that my instinct and these two people are dead wrong. We really could use more "nylon like" carpet out there, and less olefin.

G

Dont hold your breath,I just keep telling people to go with nylon,and nobody mentioned the wear factor,I bet it lays flat as quick as Mikey when he knows Greenies coming over :D (relax girls,couldnt resist)

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Our one year trial is showing just that.. just with out the enthusiasm that Mikey or Greenie would have. I haven't HWE it yet, so I throw it down today and see what I come up with.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
take what the reps and mills say about this polyester with a new name with a mouthful of salt and a shot of tequila. when mill reps no longer look me in the eye and tell me olefin carpet is better than nylon maybe I will begin to believe them. the mills want polyester to work so bad but it just will not, the mills response to customer dissatisfaction and competition with other surfaces is to cheapen the product, the chickens will come home to roost with this tactic, pushing more people toward other surfaces after they just spent money 2 years ago and now their high quailty polyester piece of crap is now looking terrible.

don't get excited about some new fangled name for the same ole shit, remember who your talking to and how little they actually see of the product after its installed

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
I just got a tip from a carpet manufacturer insider source:

There appear to be major problems with this product.

They should have just called it "New Polyester" (as in "New Coke")

TimP

I don't know if my in-laws have sold any of it. They have pretty well moved away from mohawk due to lack of representation from the company. Beaulieu has been asking for the business and wants to sell carpet. So we have moved to them as a second line and we actually only have 1 mohawk rack and its their CGD stuff. Mohawk is having a time as far as I can see it.

Name
Bill Soukoreff
I will tell you one thing for free, it sure has the shaw reps nervous.

I guess I am the odd man out on this one, so far I am impressed with it and would not classify it as oil hungry at all. I have cleaned quite a bit of this (usually white) that was installed in late 2005. Still too early to tell how it will hold up in the long term, but if someone can't afford nylon, it's not a bad choice in my opinion.

I don't know about Mr. Tarpy's take on it, as he said it has a very "cold hand." I completely disagree with that. Is it possible he as confused it with something else?

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
i cleaned some smart strand...stains all over...lots of coffee.....heavvy traffic with old people and wheelchair....

Came spotless but that's cuz I use...

VON SCHRADER TO PRE AGI!!!!.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom