Stock up on Citrus Solvents......

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
This is why it pays to play w more than one flavor : )

Do half of ya remember how to actually spot, lol

Sent from da parking garage of dee detention center

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
There are lots of other plant terpenes we can use. Lavender, rose, pine, mint, melaluca, eucalyptus, are excellent solvent spotters with properties very similar to D'Limonene. This is to say nothing of using Amyl or Butyl Acetate (banana oil) or even natural gum turpentine.

Aromatic terpenoids are very wide spread in the plant kingdom. Lots of options.

Grant

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
might be, but where are the gel products with those ingredients.
. . . POG might work well but it needs to be a gel, not a liquid

I do not believe in "Gel" products.

They don't penetrate the "fiber bundle" of carpets.

They were only developed to prevent delamination with "very slow evaporating citrus solvents".

Faster evaporating solvents like Dynachem POG, are far less likely to delaminate carpet.

Larry

P.S. PowerMax pricing will not be changed with current d'Limonene pricing (4/20/14)

Last edited:

FredC

Village Idiot
I do not believe in "Gel" products.

They don't penetrate the "fiber bundle" of carpets.

They were only developed to prevent delamination with "very slow evaporating citrus solvents".

Faster evaporating solvents like Dynachem POG, are far less likely to delaminate carpet.

Larry

P.S. PowerMax pricing will not be changed with current d'Limonene pricing (4/20/14)

I don't know Larry....I didn't have much luck with your POG in fact I found it to perform poorly.......especially compared to "gels" like the absolute f'n gold standard this day and age...Pro Solve.........or more in line with the topic hel-gel

you do know that you can help a gel "penetrate" right? I think its actually one of the points.....................it goes where you put it.............not immediately to the backing...............

Slow evaporating solvent? How long does it take yours to work?

love the original powermax though

and you really should believe in gels......having bought them I can attest to their existence....and I've seen the penetrate the fiber bundle.......and I witnessed them removing paint oil and grease where dynachem pog didn't do shit. What does POG stand for again?

in my opinion....ymmv

Last edited:

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
I don't know Larry....I didn't have much luck with your POG in fact I found it to perform poorly.......especially compared to "gels" like the absolute f'n gold standard this day and age...Pro Solve.........or more in line with the topic hel-gel

you do know that you can help a gel "penetrate" right? I think its actually one of the points.....................it goes where you put it.............not immediately to the backing...............

Slow evaporating solvent? How long does it take yours to work?

love the original powermax though

and you really should believe in gels......having bought them I can attest to their existence....and I've seen the penetrate the fiber bundle.......and I witnessed them removing paint oil and grease where dynachem pog didn't do shit. What does POG stand for again?

in my opinion....ymmv

A good POG will dissolve a paint stain in half the time of a citrus solvent.

If you wait the same amount of time, the POG active solvents will have evaporated away.

I would try extracting quicker.

Larry

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
might be, but where are the gel products with those ingredients.
Time to call my Zep rep and buy a case of Orangel. POG might work well but it needs to be a gel, not a liquid

In that case Ron, give Dave Lupyan at Scot Labs a call and try the Scots Tuff Citrus boost. It's a gel, it rinses well and it encapsulates too. Thats a hat trick.

Grant

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
When I want to dissolve paint I apply the gel, then spray a volatile solvent, ie Alsolv into the gel. Orangel rinses well, may not be an encapsulant, but its the best gel that I've tried over the years.
Haven't tried Scots, just tried to look it up on their website and can't find it. Don't know why companies hide products.

Isn't POG a NONvolatile solvent?

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Isn't POG a NONvolatile solvent?

Ron;

All-Solv or our Vandalism Remover are better paint removers than any "orange gel" (the smell is worse though) .

Our Dynachem POG is a mixture of Volatile solvents, and smells better than the All-Solv or Vandalism Remover.

Old school POG's were nonvolatile.

Larry

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom