Stopping in to update and say hi!

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
Hi everyone!

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

There's a few of you who follow me on Facebook. I post there occasionally to let people know of my overall health and progress.

I am almost done with cardio rehab. I am running 1-1/2 miles a day on the treadmill. I do not need oxygen anymore either. I should be done with that in December.

I did suffer some mild brain damage from my surgery (they had a hard time starting me back up after being in surgery for 11 hours). Most of it is short term memory, and some impairments with my hands. The hand issue is getting better, to the point where I don't have problems dropping my wand, triggering it..etc...

My graft on my aorta is set, and doing well. I have a St. Jude's TITANIUM valve :winky:. Unlike a wand, these run about 65K. Overall the Cadriologist is happy with the results. I do have to take Coumadin for the rest of my life, and another med called Metrepolol which regulates the heart rate. That should only be for the next few months.

I did lose some accounts (Janitorial) in the recovery process. Some customers just don't care about anything but the end result, regardless of what's going on. I've accepted this and just told myself that there are better customers out there. These people caused me a lot of stress and grief. My franchise company is out there looking for new accounts for me to purchase.

A local competitor (doesn't post here) is also on good terms with me. He took a few carpet cleaning commercial jobs and did them for me. I didn't know it was happening however. I was on heavy medications and didn't really remember the first 6-8 weeks of recovery. Turns out he did them for me out of good kindedness and didn't charge me.

I did post this summer about the Yellow Pages advertisement. While I did catch some slack for it, it turns out it was a wise choice. On a funny note, I didn't know why the hell so many people were calling my phone all the time at first and didn't know where they got the number. My fiance started taking the calls and did the quoting on the phone. A few weeks ago I was able to take on one job a day, and so far so good.

I am feeling much better, and working more. Hopefully the calls keep coming in. If I am averaging 2-3 a day in cold-ass Wisconsin in November, I am confident I will have a good amount of work this spring. And if that all turns out, hopefully I can hire someone and do more managing rather than working all the time.

There's too many people to mention here for thanks with your support. People from around my area of the state offered all sorts of help. Many others sent good wishes as well. Thank you all for thinking of me!

Ross

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
Thanks for the update Ross.

Sounds like you're really making good progress and I wish you to best in your continued health. Great that you have the support around you to help you through this huge health hurdle.

All the best, John

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Good to hear about the progress you are making.

You should "out" your competitor that helped out big time so if and when he joins mikeysboard- he may be recognised and given credit to being a good guy. Also it may be easier to join in here and not being torn apart if guys here know that he is a worthy person.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Agree get the helper some one to vacuum setup breakdown backup hose ect. Continue to take care of yourself and dont sweat the small stuff!

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Great news. I agree with training a lead tech so you have something to fall back on and take some workload off yourself

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom