Stories of my younger days

GRHeacock

I never knew my grandfathers, or very much about them.

A while back, I began writing stories about my younger days for the benefit of my grandchildren, mostly.

Everybody has interesting stories to tell, I think, and I am always interested in other people's stories.

So, if anybody wants to read mine, here is the link-

http://www.heacocks.com/Stories.htm

Gary

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
I read the circus one Gary. Hard to believe you actually got something useful from the strongman. I would have thought it was some kind of scam..LOL.

Did you write these a long time ago or do you just have killer memory. I sometimes forget my first job of the day at the end of the day :lol:

Albert

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I Read every one a while back. Mainly cause I think well of MR. Heacock. But the more I read the more I wanted to read. I like to hear stories of slightly older folks from the forties and fifties. Tons of wisdom in this older generation. I wish to live into my eighties but I doubt I will have that much wisdom to pass on.

Thanks Gary for letting us read your stories

Jay DeLaughter

GRHeacock

Some of the stories I wrote quite a while back, some were a week or so ago.

I write them when it occurs to me, that a certain episode might be interesting to others.

I worked on 26 movies, and several dozen commercials doing mostly special effects. and I want to write about that aspect of my life, but for some reason, I am having a hard time getting started.

There is a list called a filmography at-

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Heacock,+Gary+R.

that lists most of the main ones that got released.

Several I worked on never got released, or the titles have changed to something I do not know.

I never got credit for the commercials I worked on, and nobody else did either.

The main reason I stopped doing this was- it is not steady work. Sometimes as long as 6 months between jobs did not sit well with my wifey-poo, who, like most women wanted a steady paycheck coming in.

The next story I will post is about my stint as a cab driver in Los Angeles and in Reno. I have no idea when it will be ready- I am working on it now.

Gary

jeg1983

Thanks for sharing your stories. I have read a few tonight and I think I will prolly eventually read them all. It is really interesting to read about some one eles's life and all the different things you have done and places you have seen. If you do not mind me asking what age range are you in at this time? If this is not to personal. Anyways, Just wanted to say that you for sharing these with us. I'm sure you grandchildren will love reading them. I would love to read some stories from my grandfather. Whole different time whole different world back then. I'm only 23 but reading some of those stories almost puts you there. Very cool!

Thanks,
Jamie

Ivan Turner

Supportive Member
Name
Ivan Turner
Interesting stuff gary, thanks for posting them!

Hey I did read a couple just today. I was trying to determine your rating while in the Navy. When you mentioned Crows Nest, but never mentioned your rating. I assumed Boatswain Mate. Is this correct?

I was a Boatswainsmate on a Navy Helicopter carrier for four years, though we had no Crows Nest.

Ivan

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I am writing a "book" about my dead brother. It also of course has alot of stories about myself and other familiy members. Actually started writing it before he died. Wierd really.
I need to get back to writing it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom