Strange polyprop problem

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Polyprop carpet in a domestic residence.

What has caused this anomaly??

Can it be rectified economically?

As soon as I walked into the room with the Dysoon I noticed it and took the pics.

The top pic is when you walk in the door, with the wardrobe on the right hand side, the white thing.

I sent a text to the property manager as soon as I had a good look, she was due there a couple of hours after me when it was dry.

Just phoned her and she couldn't see what I was talking about, reckons the carpet looked perfect.

She must wear rose coloured contoured glasses methinks.
icon_lol.gif

Cleaning with the Sprayborg made no difference whatsoever.

Any ideas as to how this damage may have been caused??

I immediately thought of a CRB machine with t & g brushes??

Really accentuates the "corn-rowing" effect I thought.

11Caper001_zpsd31da480.jpg

11Caper002_zps9c04b1d1.jpg

11Caper003_zps38ef80ee.jpg

11Caper004_zps78097ab6.jpg

I am posting this on several 4rums in the hope of finding the cause.

Ta,

:very_drunk:

Reactions: Steve Lawrence
Name
Shawn Forsythe
I see the same thing as you, Shorty. It is as if someone used a really stiff bristled brush on a CRB for a minute or two, before they realized they had the wrong brush in place. Looks all scuffed up.

You should probably get a real close-up look to see if you have pulled fibers and friction distortion consistent with post-installation damage.

Last edited:

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
Yeah, I've seen that too and it has a low friction burn point and probably something was drug on it

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
If it truly is a friction burn a cheap 30 power microscope should show fused fiber ends. Hard to believe a CRB did that even on an olefin.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I've seen people put matts down that can leave marks, but thats wicked looking

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Carpet shows no sign, nor feel of excessive heat.

No meltdown etc;

Has me puzzled why it is only a section about 4'wide and 4-5'long, running the length of the grooves.

There are two sections of carpet laid, and the grooves, (they are distinct as you can run your finger along them and feel them slightly lower than the rest of the face fiber), end where the carpet join is, and also stop a couple of feet before the wall.

I don't see it as a mill fault, the carpet is several years old, I have cleaned it a couple of years ago and it was not there then.

I can't see it as a mat being placed there and a heavy object put on it as it is right in front of a wardrobe and also adjacent to the door.

I still feel that someone has used a CRB with stiff brushes and stuffed up.

And it wasn't me. :lol:

:very_drunk:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Olefin melts at a low point, as mentioned above. It will actually lay down in high heat. I've seen instances were olefin carpet totally flattened in a hot sunroom.

It also has very poor crush resistance. It could have had a heavy object sitting on that spot that flattened the tufts.

Or it could have been some type of combination of the two (weight and friction).

I'm not presently wearing my Sherlock Holmes hat, but I think I'll add another chapter to my book... 101 Reasons Not to Buy Olefin. ;)

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Well if it wasn't you and your sure I guess your safe so have another beer and chill.

Hopefully it not aliens!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom